jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Would anyone like to ask questions of martial arts, self defense or self defense

1. ronin1 profile image54
    ronin1posted 8 years ago

Would anyone like to ask questions of martial arts, self defense or self defense products?

I would like to ask people to contact me at crimeinformation@gmail.com with any questions pertaining to martial arts, self defense or self defense products and I'll be happy to write an article at htttp://www.crime-information.com   Please feel free to make comments or suggestions as well!

2. Clugston profile image54
    Clugstonposted 8 years ago

Really?

What's your real world experience?

3. ronin1 profile image54
    ronin1posted 8 years ago

Hi Clugston,

I have over 36 yrs. of active training and teaching Okinawan Karate, Yang Tai Chi Chuan, and Eskrima. I served in the USMC, and have also worked in law enforcement, undercover airport security, and as a personal bodyguard.

I have many students from 5th Dan to 3rd Dan.  They use our core Shorin Ryu and add bits n pieces of: Eskrima, Brazilian JJ, Muay Thai and whatever they desire to their arsenals.

I was taught to be open minded and I teach others to be that way as well. I come from the San Bernardino CA lineage of Shorin Ryu karate as taught by Willis & Michael Gneck and George Torbett.

I currently study and teach Taijiquan and am ranked in Shorin Ryu by William C. Duncan who currently resides in North Carolina.

I have fought full contact before their was safety gear invented and in the streets as well, many times.

At 60 yrs old now, I try to refer the "light work" to my students..lol

Regards,
    Chuck
    (AKA ronin1)

4. cjty profile image52
    cjtyposted 8 years ago

I just wrote a hub about children safey.  Is there any basics that I would be able to teach a 7 year old girl?

working