jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

How to catch fish

1. HubPages profile image
    HubPagesposted 8 years ago

How to catch fish

2. Bozoplay profile image83
    Bozoplayposted 8 years ago

In some conversations with my father and uncle, I learned of some rather unique techniques that they used to catch fish a long time ago. My father worked as a lumberjack in the backwoods of Quebec as a teenager and they needed to supplement their... read more

3. creativeone59 profile image74
    creativeone59posted 8 years ago

Fish for dinner, I love to fish and on this day, I caught 34 blue gill and sun fish.  I  guess the question is what kind of fish are you trying to catch? 
    I have mostly caught  crappies, blue gill, sun fish and catfish.
    you will need fishing... read more

4. profile image0
    jknormanposted 8 years ago

Keep it simple.  The best way is to start with a closed face spinning real.  They cast easier.  Next, use a small hook and bobber.  Use worms for bait.  Find a pond and fish about 10 feet from the shore and cast down the bank.  Do not fish directly in front of you.  Wait until the bobber goes under then set the hook!

Good luck!!

5. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 8 years ago

Dynomite! Ok!OK! it's a bad joke ! But theoretically.......

6. Max Sumer profile image70
    Max Sumerposted 8 years ago

Kingfish. . . The game angler’s wet dream. His streamlined, bluish silver body shimmers and reflects all the colors of the sea as he methodically preys upon the anglers bait, expertly stalking it and awaiting his perfect moment to strike. His... read more

7. GracieLinda profile image78
    GracieLindaposted 8 years ago

Saltwater fishing is the bomb, as my kids would say. Go out about 15 miles  Use a Shakspeare rod, a large hook and shiners or cut bait.  Get a beer.

Find your "hole" with the fish finder.  Get a beer.  Drop the line til it hits bottem, reel in very, very, very slowly. When you get a bite snap the rod back once.  Reel in your grouper. Get a beer.

I caught 3 grouper and 20 mangrove snapper using this technique and it was fun, fun, fun.

8. Dave@theduck profile image60
    Dave@theduckposted 8 years ago

Theres a plant called the Great Mullien that grows in England, you can crush the seeds, stalks or flowers mix with bread and throw it in a stream, the fish eat it and will be temporarily knocked out causing them to float to the surface, you can then collect your trout. This is an old poachers trick and only for catching fish that you intend to eat, otherwise this would be unethical in my mind. Its not poisonous to humans to eat the fish after, and the fish do wake up if you dont collect them and they will regain conciousness within 10 minutes.

working