jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What are people's opinion about the new OT rules for the NFL playoffs?

1. sportyfunster profile image70
    sportyfunsterposted 7 years ago

What are people's opinion about the new OT rules for the NFL playoffs?

2. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 7 years ago

I was just commenting on this.  I like the new rule.  It helps balance out the often cruel fate of a coin toss.  Now, if you lose a coin toss and the winning team kicks a field goal on the first possession, the team that loss the toss has a chance to tie or win.  I think that's a better way.  I suspect that they will continue to fine tune how they handle overtime games by making gradual changes to the rule.

3. Matt Golf Pro profile image57
    Matt Golf Proposted 7 years ago

i think the new rule is great. I recently got into NFL (last season) as the sport has been growing in the UK in the last few years. I was disappointed that the Saints beat the Vikings on a field goal in OT as I think it would have progresses into one the the all time great games if it had carried on!! Role on the new season, can't wait!!

4. mcrawford76 profile image82
    mcrawford76posted 7 years ago

I think it's great, I've never liked the "Sudden Death" playoff rule. I thought College football had it right all along. Now if NCAA football would fall in line for a tournament type playoff everything would be right in the world (of football)

working