jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Someone please write a hub on the history of hating Duke basketball?

1. Lalulinho profile image78
    Lalulinhoposted 8 years ago

Someone please write a hub on the history of hating Duke basketball?

This is I believe a timely and timeless topic.  People have hated Duke basketball, hate Duke basketball, and will always hate Duke basketball.  I watch maybe 3 basketball games a decade, and I hate Duke.  Why?

I expect an onslaught of "Duke sucks" replies. But I would really love to read a longer, thoughtful piece explaining why I am absolutely right to hate Duke.  And why the reaction seems so visceral.  I once shouted "I hate ******* Dukies!" (after some beers of course) at a party full of Duke grads and a friend from UNC almost kissed me on the spot.

2. profile image29
    cipriano000posted 8 years ago

i houpe some one does,i would like it tooo
    i find a nice site heare http://www.mondobasket.org/

3. Powerful Pierre profile image79
    Powerful Pierreposted 7 years ago

The Dukes as you put it have done more for basketball than any other program out there. 12 National Championships, upteenth scholarships to kids who wouldn't have a chance at many other institutes, an architectural program 2nd to none (@Duke Chapel), and the list continues. I'M a proud Canadian but just wish there was a program like Duke here. THE main reason people hate Duke IS because they are #1, and everybody hates champs and is envious. Me I have my qualms with Duke too, they keep beating my favorite schools, Michigan and Ohio State more often than I even care to admit. YOUR right they suck  LOL.

4. Coach T profile image58
    Coach Tposted 7 years ago

I was assuming after reading the opening question that you just might be a Tarheel fan. Now, after reading the rest of it, I know my assumption was right. Go Dukies!!!....BTW, just giving you a hard time. I am a Duke fan, but many of my friends are die-hard Heel fans. The rivalry is what makes it so great. We have a blast every year with each other, especially around March!

5. profile image0
    Husky1970posted 7 years ago

I cannot answer your question because I totally do not understand why this attitude exists.  What is there to hate?  The coach is one of the best leaders of all time and led our olympic team back to national prominence, the players play hard every game and the team overachieves every year, and the players are student-athletes who attend class and graduate.

working