jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Why football is not so popular among asian countries?

1. maruthirp profile image60
    maruthirpposted 7 years ago

Why football is not so popular among asian countries?

I see most of the asian countries stand at least rankings and even dont try to better their game. Why is this?

2. Hridyapal Bhogal profile image60
    Hridyapal Bhogalposted 7 years ago

Its not possible for any country to be a Master of all sports....we r the best in Cricket,Kabaddi,Kho-Kho,Boxing,Rifle Shooting...in Tennis,Badminton,Table Tennis we are a force to reckon with.....
    Talking about football in asian countries...then man South Korea and Japan are pretty decent teams...South Korea even beat Greece 2-0 recently...
    Be Optimistic man...

3. J@ps profile image75
    J@psposted 7 years ago

My guess is that because there has never been pro football leagues in most Asian countries and kids do not aspire to be footballers as much as to be players of other sports which do have pro leagues in the region. And the sport does not develop as much as in other regions of the world.

4. Good Guy profile image86
    Good Guyposted 7 years ago

I think football is very popular in Asian countries.  But their players are yet to be world class.  That is the problem.

5. profile image0
    dreamreachoutposted 7 years ago

Football is as popular in Asia as anywhere else but standards are yet to be matching the best in the world. There can be many reasons specific to each country. In India, the privilaged class who get all the inputs play cricket, tennis, shooting, golf, billiards etc. In Indonesia, they prefer badminton. In China, they are into all Olympic sports. Sponsorship flows to these sports and hence football dont develope to world standard. On the contrary in Brazil, Argentina, Italy football is like the sole focus both for the people as well as the sponsors. That makes all the difference!!

6. Idude607 profile image57
    Idude607posted 7 years ago

I think because asians are built smaller than their western counterparts, just stating the obvious. Try to name five asian linebacker, I don't think there's any? Just my 1.5 cent...

working