jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Would you teach football to a girl?

1. whitney_185 profile image81
    whitney_185posted 7 years ago

Would you teach football to a girl?

I am a very athletic girl and can play most sports rather well. No one ever taught me anything about football, but I hold my own in flag football with the guys, even if my form is very, very ugly. I'm trying to find a football player to start teaching young girls how to play football, but no one is interested! (and they've said they would teach boys!) Do you feel the same way?

2. Boisclair21 profile image59
    Boisclair21posted 7 years ago

For me, coaching is coaching.  Of course, it is a challenge to coach girls.  I have as much pleasure to teach football to girls.  It is a new approach.  Maybe, keep trying to find this type of person who will believe in women sport.  Please, don't be shy to ask any questions that can enable you to reach your goals.

3. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 7 years ago

I've never understood why girls want to play aggressive. contact sports like rugby, US football, boxing...  We always hear about breast cancer, and we all know that physical damage is one of the ways we can get cancers.  Because of their bigger bones and heavier muscles, men in general are less prone to cancers this way, women, in general, don't have these layers of muscle and are more prone to injury.  I suppose I'll get someone claiming to be a doctor or nurse to shoot this argument down.  I may be wrong, it is my non-medical logic that doesn't understand.

4. profile image48
    Tcsc13posted 6 years ago

I would totally teach football to a girl. I don't see any reason why girls couldn't play football, but I wouldn't suggest playing tackle with guys because they are normally larger than girls. If it was an all girl tackle league I don't see why not. For flag I don't see any reason why both boys and girls counldn't play together. You just need to find the right person to coach you and help teach you correct form and whatnot. Hope this helped.

working