jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

What sports do your 10- to 12-year-old children play?

1. CarolineChicago profile image81
    CarolineChicagoposted 2 years ago

What sports do your 10- to 12-year-old children play?

It can be extracurricular, park district, travel team or any other! From soccer and football to curling and hockey, how many hours per season do you think your child invests in his or her sports? Do they follow professional teams in their sports? From a parent's view, tell me about the best and worst of the sport (fees, injuries, travel time, equipment, etc.).

2. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 2 years ago

sorry I am not good  at this.
    My son likes to kick ball, not football or soccer. He doesn 't play with his friends or classmates, just at home compound

3. tamarawilhite profile image92
    tamarawilhiteposted 2 years ago

My kids aren't in a formal sport. Instead, I send them out to play on their bikes, skates, in the pool, etc.

4. LoisRyan13903 profile image81
    LoisRyan13903posted 2 years ago

It was softball when my daughter was 12.  She had started playing when she was 9 and was done with it at age 15. And she was in Karate. 

Worst was the costs.  Karate got to be expensive and she was done with that when she was about 16.  But that was more because she was getting involved in school more taking AP classes.  In softball it was more the parents forgetting this was only a game and a lot of yelling.  Not really follow professional teams.  Does follow semi-pro though since we have an American Hockey team in our town.

5. profile image61
    peter565posted 2 years ago

I would recommend martial arts, it is good for self defense (although I would recommend something involving flipping people rather then punching.) I personally know Tai Kwan do and got a black belt, by 13. But when I was in high school, I was so afraid that I might hurt people, I didn't punch any of the bullies.

1. LoisRyan13903 profile image81
      LoisRyan13903posted 2 years agoin reply to this

I took that style in school but as adult Soo Bahk Do sim to TKD but is no contact Karate.  Basicaly do all moves but control kicks punches so don't hit opponent.

2. profile image61
      peter565posted 2 years agoin reply to this

I know, I use to pin the bullies to the ground cops style, when they try bash me up. But then when I'm not looking they e.g. throw my stuff in the toilet, not like I can bash them up, over it. sad