jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Is fishing a sport or only a kind of leasure time hobby ?

1. Abhaque Supanjang profile image80
    Abhaque Supanjangposted 7 years ago

Is fishing a sport or only a kind of leasure time hobby ?

Many people say that fishing is a kind of sport; but if we see thoroughly from the way of doing this such activities, many others reject the opinion.

2. Adventure Colorad profile image83
    Adventure Coloradposted 7 years ago

A quick look at the whether or not fishing can be considered a sport. read more

3. Kemo profile image55
    Kemoposted 7 years ago

Fishing is not a sport....But I love fishing anyway

4. wychic profile image90
    wychicposted 7 years ago

It's a way to get some good lean meat for the dinner table smile. That said, it's also a great time to relax, enjoy the quiet, the fresh air, the sunshine...definitely a leisure activity for me. While I love to eat fish, the food is pretty much just a great way to justify taking an entire day in the mountains. That said, I'd say that the way some people do it is definitely a sport -- some are in it for the competitive aspect, trying to snag the largest, most difficult fish just to be able to say they can.

5. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 7 years ago

I think it has to be a sport, it combines skill with athletic abilities, not always apparent when you're into the tiddlers, but a 30+lb pike, or steering a 40+lb carp away from the lilies and reeds, or 100+lb shark soon makes it athletic.

6. alekdo profile image82
    alekdoposted 7 years ago

It depends on how you look at it. For some people this is a hobby that has gradually turned into sport. There are fishing championships and tournaments which are very interesting to watch. I think that for majority of people fishing is a hooby.

working