jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you think the Denver Nuggets got a better deal than the NY Knicks in the Carm

1. gypsumgirl profile image87
    gypsumgirlposted 7 years ago

Do you think the Denver Nuggets got a better deal than the NY Knicks in the Carmelo Anthony trade?

2. KingDrew profile image85
    KingDrewposted 7 years ago

Unless the Nuggets can get some phenomenal players with those 2014 first round draft picks, the Knicks seem to be walking away with the best hand (assuming that Melo, Staudamire, & Billups can play well together).

3. supplies expert profile image59
    supplies expertposted 7 years ago

I think the Knicks did. The Nuggets will be spending the next few years trying to replace him while the Knicks are in position to be a serious threat within the eastern conference (if they add one or two more supporting players).

4. meangreen84 profile image60
    meangreen84posted 7 years ago

The Nuggets will be better in the long run.  All the players they got are still developing and will get more chance to shine in Denver than they did with the Knicks.  Billups will more than likely be gone after this season and the Knicks will miss Raymond Felton's production from the point.  Anthony is great, but Wilson Chandler is younger and seemed to fit in better with Mike D'antoni's offense and didn't require as much attention as Anthony.  The Knicks gave up a lot of talent for a couple guys to try to help them make a run this season, and they gave up a lot of future talent in draft picks between this trade and the trade they made for Tracy McGrady last year.

5. gypsumgirl profile image87
    gypsumgirlposted 7 years ago

Thank you for your input, Tracy.  I would have to agree, after watching the Nuggets over the last few weeks.  The new team has a lot of potential!!

6. br14nwall profile image54
    br14nwallposted 7 years ago

The nuggets is like the thunder when they are starting, I think Nuggets will be a great franchise sooner or later.

7. source@one profile image55
    source@oneposted 7 years ago

No! the knicks needed another star. In the long run it is a better deal, we can build around 2 stars instead of building around just one.The NBA has moved to this style of winning championships.

working