jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why I was just wondering why?

1. sassydee profile image74
    sassydeeposted 6 years ago

Why I was just wondering why?

why do people have to associate alcohol with everything; sports, birthdays, anniversarys, graduations, basically everything?

2. zzron profile image55
    zzronposted 6 years ago

Alcohol is a legal drug that is supposed to make you feel good so people associate it's use with a good time or some happy occasion.

3. ChinaDoll32BX profile image60
    ChinaDoll32BXposted 6 years ago

I don't know but I believe that this kind of thinking is what leads to alcoholism. Alcohol is so socially excepted and in fact, promoted that it is so easy to forget that it can kill you just as fast as illegal drug use. However, it does not have the stigma surrounding it like other drugs because it is legal which, makes it more dangerous. People seem to have the false impression that alcohol is safe because it is legal but that could not be further from the truth. I don't mean to sound like a square, believe me, alcohol and I have met on several occasions. I just wish that we could all learn to have fun without being wasted.

4. pharuk temmy t profile image38
    pharuk temmy tposted 6 years ago

Well I guess that is for those who take it, i guess when you don't believe in yourself that you can do things ordinarily then that's when they go into it. Reason why you find it everywhere is because its a evil spirit.

5. IDONO profile image81
    IDONOposted 6 years ago

i believe society and media project alcohol as a means to enhance an already entertaining time. However, that is only in moderation. Being a recovering alcoholic, I know first hand, for me, there is no such thing as moderation. Over-endulgence turns a good time bad in a hurry. Enhancing a good timeis fine. But when having a good time is dependent on the presence of alcohol, there may be an issue.