jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is it important that great athletes also be good people?

1. Peter Leeper profile image81
    Peter Leeperposted 5 years ago

Is it important that great athletes also be good people?

Tiger Woods, Michael Jordan, among others have been the best in their sports but not the greatest human beings in their personal lives.  Should we care about the latter or should we appreciate their talents for what they are in the realm of sports?

2. profile image59
    pgornerposted 5 years ago

Maybe...I'm just having a problem with the way their whole lives are in jeopardy because they cheat. When the female gender was younger and they had the upper hand, they cheated on us all the time. Did any one of us ever say "They should be denied college!" ?

3. MickS profile image70
    MickSposted 5 years ago

Their personel lives are none of our business.  Just because media hype has put them on pedastels doesn't make them anything but human with all the different wants and frailties that brings.

4. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 5 years ago

I think everyone should mind their own business. But since the information is out there, we're entitled to our opinions. If you want to know what I think about Tiger, she only married him for his fame and money, so I think she deserved it and she was stupid to not see this coming. Now she gets everything in the divorce and all she had to do was seduce and marry a man the world's most talented golfer who trained at the sport his entire life.