jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Alex Smith and Vince Young starting?

1. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 7 years ago

The 49ers are starting former #1 draft pick Alex Smith this week against the Colts.  I've watched the 49ers a fair amount this year and don't think Hill played terrible, but he didn't play great either, so after a few straight losses and Alex having a great second half of the last game, I can see going with him.

Vince Young is also rumored to be playing this week since the owner wants him to play.  Kerry Collins has been OK as well, but since the losses keep adding up, I can see why they want to see what Vince can do.

Unfortunately, for both these guys, I think they find themselves in a difficult opportunity to do well this week.  The 49ers play the best team in football (arguably) and Vince doesn't have all the backing from his head coach.  It will be interesting to see how they do.

2. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image91
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 7 years ago

Alex Smith earned a shot at starting again. Besides they need to figure out whether they should draft a QB next year. You never know what might happen. Drew Brees was considered a bust until the Chargers (kinda) drafted Philip Rivers and then he woke up all of a sudden.

Kerry Collins isn't the problem in Tennessee. He isn't playing much worse than he did last year, but they might as throw Young in there and see what happens. At the very least, maybe they could get somebody to trade for him.

3. flread45 profile image81
    flread45posted 7 years ago

They need to get rid of all those quarterbacks and get a good one if they ever want to go to the super bowl again..

4. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 7 years ago

Titans are a train wreck. They look lost.

1. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image91
      EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 7 years agoin reply to this

This past week was the closest they've come to winning a game yet.

1. Drew Breezzy profile image78
        Drew Breezzyposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Vince Youngin's only chance this wk is if he runs alot.

I think he is 0-5 1int on the season

1. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image91
            EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Returning to the scene of the crime. He began his meltdown during the Jags game in Tennessee last season.

5. racquetsportatlas profile image61
    racquetsportatlasposted 7 years ago

Alex Smith will not succeed as a starter this season, but i think he will show potential. He may develop into a quality starter over the next year or so. I don't have the same to say for Vince. He's had his ups and downs. I don't think he's good enuf to play at the pro level anymore. honestly, I'd love him to prove me wrong because he's been an exciting player in the past. I just think he lost his chance to be a starter--just like Matt Lienart.

vince young is done

2. Drew Breezzy profile image78

vince young is done

working