jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

49ers rumored to have worked out Peyton Manning

1. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 5 years ago

While I think it's a longshot and it's probably not a good thing to put Alex Smith through if you don't get Peyton, but it sounds like the 49ers have seen him workout and have given him a physical.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image64
      prettydarkhorseposted 5 years agoin reply to this

According to ESPN, Jim Harbaugh and offensive coordinator Greg Roman were very impressed!

He will also work out today (Saturday) for the Titans and his decision is out by Monday!

2. BigEd5857 profile image59
      BigEd5857posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I think it was a bad idea. Of course Peyton is a much better quarterback than Alex could ever hope to be, however, 13-3 isn't so bad. With the additions on offense Alex could have a great season.  Instead the organization treats him like the ugly step child once again.

2. Michael J Rapp profile image59
    Michael J Rappposted 5 years ago

I'm trying to picture this one.  Moss is not known as a great student of the game.  Crabtree and Davis have both had their "be team player" issues.  I wonder which one of those guys would particpate in Manning's famous "stay after practice and do some extra work" rituals with him.  Would Manning be able to exert his will over those guys and turn them into anything similar to what he had in Indy?

Great for the 49ers if they can get him, but you're right that they'd better be careful not to alienate Alex Smith if their effort falls flat!

1. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image83
      BLACKANDGOLDJACKposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Maybe the 49ers have done just that and alienated Alex Smith since he is visiting Miami today.

The plot thickens.

3. prettydarkhorse profile image64
    prettydarkhorseposted 5 years ago

I think that Peyton will join the Titans, at first I was thinking he will be with Miami. He will not join 49rs bec he will be in the same conf with his bro

4. Bigpayno profile image84
    Bigpaynoposted 5 years ago

I was sold on him signing with the Titans, which I think he still may, but you have to admit that San Fran looks really attractive now with Moss, Manningham, and Vernon Davis, plus Frank Gore in the backfield.  If it doesn't happen though, Harbaugh is in trouble with Alex Smith, who is in Miami as we speak.

5. prettydarkhorse profile image64
    prettydarkhorseposted 5 years ago

Peyton decided to be with the Broncos according to Chris Mortensen of ESPN! 90M for 5 years! Tebow is going to be traded!

Hmmppphhh, I don't like this one, not a fan of Broncos but I feel bad for Tebow!

6. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 5 years ago

Wow.  I saw the post about Denver.  That's huge.  The 49ers better sign Alex Smith.  Quick!

It's going to be interesting to see where Tebow goes (I love that guy) and what moves Denver makes to get better.

1. BigEd5857 profile image59
      BigEd5857posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Watch for Tebow to Jacksonville or Seattle.

working