jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)

General Survival Question: What would you choose to bring along in each catagory

1. MrMaranatha profile image84
    MrMaranathaposted 5 years ago

General Survival Question: What would you choose to bring along in each catagory?

If you were going to be dropped off in a Random "inhabitable" spot on this earth....  and were only alowed to choose One of each: A book, a tool and a Pet... what would you choose for each of the three categories to bring along with you?  (Price is not a part of this question)

2. Sherry Hewins profile image97
    Sherry Hewinsposted 5 years ago

I think I would bring
    SAS Survival Handbook, Revised Edition: For Any Climate, in Any Situation
    A machete
    and a German Shepherd

3. Ann1Az2 profile image69
    Ann1Az2posted 5 years ago

The Bible
    A Swiss Army knife
    and I think I agree with Sherry - a German Shepherd

4. CyclingFitness profile image95
    CyclingFitnessposted 5 years ago

Book wise probably something inspirational to take my mind off the environment. Maybe something like Lance Armstrong's 'It's not about the bike'

Tool- Maybe a leatherman or swiss army knife to give me a selection of potential basic tools to use

Pet. I'm not a pet person to be honest so I would probably not be fussed with having a pet with me

But I could make up that i'll take my pet cow Martha for some milk and whom I can use for meat potentially long term just in case.

5. MrMaranatha profile image84
    MrMaranathaposted 5 years ago

My three answers to a simple survival question about what three  things I would want to bring with me... What type of Book? What type of Tool? and What type of Pet? And of course why I preferred these things over other possible choices. read more

6. profile image0
    oceansiderposted 5 years ago

Book: I would bring my bible

A tool: I would bring my hammer, so that I could build a dwelling

A pet: I would bring a dog

7. wingedcentaur profile image86
    wingedcentaurposted 5 years ago

Book -- Acacia (fantasy) by Michael Durham
    Tool -- a hand-crank-powered radio/flashlight combination
    Pet -- Dog, a labrador or German Shepherd

8. Victoria Anne profile image97
    Victoria Anneposted 5 years ago

Book: The Survival Handbook: Essential Skills for Outdoor Adventure
    Tool: Leatherman
    Pet: Rottweiler

1. MrMaranatha profile image84
      MrMaranathaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

In my article on this subject I made a note about Rottweilers... not my first choice... but not a bad choice either I would suppose... The value of having Cujo to guard your sleep cant be underestimated:-)

9. EmerKelly profile image89
    EmerKellyposted 5 years ago

Book: The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kinsolver. So much food for thought in there!

Tool: A good knife

Pet: A cat. Great for companionship and unlike dogs they can hunt and generally look after themselves!

working