Do you think now is a good time to bring a baby into the world?

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 53 discussions (88 posts)
  1. mary615 profile image83
    mary615posted 9 years ago

Do you think now is a good time to bring a baby into the world?

The world is such a crazy place now.  I believe I would hesitate to bring a new life into this world.

2. chuckandus6 profile image77
    chuckandus6posted 9 years ago

If our mom's waited to have babies until the world wasn't a crazy place ,economy was good,and hate and violence didn't exist ,then we would never be he here writing today.

mary615posted 9 years agoin reply to this

You are certainly right about that!

3. Lady Guinevere profile image66
    Lady Guinevereposted 9 years ago

Why Mary, I didn't think that you would feel this way.  Those that might or will be born could be our ticket to the end of all this stuff that we have to learn.  They could be the next visionaries of the future that may be a whole lot brighter.  They may be the next generation to bring about the end of cancer or the commeon cold or any other medical improvements.  The age of computers and rovots and drones is a fast changing technology.  Just look at the 50 years prior to today when we have cassette and 8 track tapes, slow computers to hyperfast and the ability to talk and learn about other parts of the world beyond our small world that we live in on a daily basis.  100 years ago thre was no such thing as air travel for citizens,
    100 years there were no mechanical devices to help people walk and no technology that allows surgeon's to operate on a baby before it is even born. 
    Can't you just imagine what is going to be done just 10 years from now.  I can't but it is going to be a wild ride for sure!

Thanks, Debra.  you have certainly added a good opinion on my question!

4. profile image0
    Bob Bambergposted 9 years ago

I would not.  With radical Muslims, who don't care about dying while killing infidels, on the doorstep to nuclear weapons, the world's (as we know it) days may be numbered.  How I so love my 5 yr. and 1 yr. old grandchildren, but sometimes wonder would it have been best had they not been born.  I'm surely glad I'm on my way out.  Those animals behead, set afire, and toss from rooftops those who don't adhere to their positions.  And their numbers are growing.  The world better rise up against the jihadists before it's too late.

Oh, Bob....I worry about my seven grandchildren's future.  Thanks for your views on this question.

2. Lady Guinevere profile image66
      Lady Guinevereposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Oh my goodness u 2.  Got to an elementary school and see the kids eye light up when they learn something about themselves.  Go to college and see the work students are doing there.  Watch people at the mall or park.  Look behind the curtain u c.

3. Faith Reaper profile image83
      Faith Reaperposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I think about my three grandchildren, 2 1/2, 5 and 7 too, and do a whole lot of praying.  This is a tough question, Mary.

4. Rana shamu profile image60
      Rana shamuposted 8 years agoin reply to this

oh please don't hesitate we just try to teach the meaning of life . read quran my dear

5. Jojo Yousef profile image71
    Jojo Yousefposted 9 years ago

Already have 3 kids but why not to bring a new baby, maybe  he or she make something different, or change the world

Thanks goodness there are optimistic people in the world like yourself.  I wish I had a better attitude!

6. bravewarrior profile image87
    bravewarriorposted 9 years ago

Now is the time to teach old fashioned morals to the upcoming generation. The world will only get uglier if we don't. I don't think parents who TRULY want to be parents and give all that means, should be denied having a family. Family life instills the good in people.

We need more good in the world. It begins with each upcoming generation. I already see young people being concerned about the environment and wanting to restore what our generation destroyed.

Yeah, there are plenty of women who give birth accidentally or because they're too drugged up to give a damn or want a free governmental ride, but there are plenty others who want to make this world a better place.

We can only do that with what time we have left as individuals, and birthing a new generation who carries on our legacy.

We can rebuild and it begins with our children, and theirs, and theirs.

I wish we could teach the younger generation the old fashioned morals and ideals I grew up with, but it seems they are too busy with their own social life and video games to even have discussions with us "old folks".

7. travmaj profile image74
    travmajposted 9 years ago

I share your concern. If if were me I would hesitate also.
    However, in reading the comments here I'm impressed by the positive.
    Debra and Shauna make much sense. They see much hope for the future.
    And I guess having a child in 1916 or 1940 when those wars were beginning, would have been a frightening, thinking of the future.
    I've had the joy of seeing a new baby recently, he's such a delight and already bringing love and joy to family and friends.
    I know I'm sitting on the fence here - despite all this I still agree - I would hesitate.

Maybe the hesitation you and I feel, is the fact that we are realistic.  I do have hope for the future, but at the same time, I am worried.

8. profile image0
    ShelleyHeathposted 9 years ago

I'm currently pregnant and have heard many say this previously. However I think, or at least hope, that it's all about equipping a child for the world and that doing this right can ensure that they get plenty of joy out of this world rather than some of the potential horror that is all around in the news and closer to home.

Congrats to you Shelley.  I know what a happy time this is for you.  I had 4 daughters, and I wouldn't take a million dollars for any one of them.  I'm sure you will be a wonderful Mother.

9. profile image0
    TheBizWhizposted 9 years ago

I agree with Nichol. If one waits for an "uncrazy" time then no one would have babies. Maybe there is a lot of crazy news, but quality of life is better now than 100 years ago. If you don't believe me, just read "The Jungle".  We are healthier and living longer. We make higher wages and at least there is a middle class, which there wasn't much of one before WWII. I would take now days over any other time in the world. We are learning how to eat healthier and live healthier. Crime is down, though crazy shi..stuff seems to be going up.

I have a fantastic wife and two great boys, all of whom are my best friends. Heck, even my dog is awesome, so I cannot complain. I am in a place that jihadists cannot get me so I don't worry about them and I am pretty sure they don't worry about me.

If I were younger I would certainly have another child with no doubts.

1. chuckandus6 profile image77
      chuckandus6posted 9 years agoin reply to this

exactly I don't regret it my kids love people and have everything going for them.thanks biz whiz

2. mary615 profile image83

I'm so glad to get an opinion from a Father.  So many of our youth today don't have a caring father like yourself.  I love your attitude and your love for your family.

3. profile image0
      TheBizWhizposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, Mary. But your feelings also come from a good place. You care so much about life that you don't want to see anyone suffer. That is such a beautiful characteristic.

10. tillsontitan profile image81
    tillsontitanposted 9 years ago

They are our hope.  A new generation we can fill with love and respect to change the world for good.  Any time is a good time to bring a baby into the world as long as we love and cherish them.

I love and cherish my children and grandchildren, but I would be lying if I said I don't worry about their future.  Good viewpoint on this.

11. Jackie Lynnley profile image85
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 9 years ago

Well I would not want to; knowing what we do and how likely it will be to get worse. Of course I am looking at it from a prophetic point of view but surely anyone can see what we may be up against in the not too distant future at the rate things are not being done to stop it. Who would want a child facing what children face in other countries? Why should we believe it is not coming our way? We aren't trying to prevent it and they make no secret that they hate us. Do we pretend we cannot see or hear?

Jackie, I have to agree with you on this subject. I hate to be pessimistic, but I see so much evil in the world, I would hesitate for sure.

2. Jackie Lynnley profile image85
      Jackie Lynnleyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I hate to be pessimistic too; who wants to take anyone's hopes & dreams but how much worse to see a child in the middle of a murderous mess or to have to be hiding & running with them? Parents threw children off mountains to keep them from to

12. peachpurple profile image83
    peachpurpleposted 9 years ago

Better nit allow innocent life to go wasted on earth. Fightings, global warming, i think it is wise to think twice

I have to agree with you:  I would certainly think twice about bringing a baby into the world as we know it now.

2. Huntgoddess profile image68
      Huntgoddessposted 8 years agoin reply to this

More babies might be the exact answer we need to resolve these problems you refer to --- fightings, global warming.

13. manatita44 profile image72
    manatita44posted 9 years ago

Why not now, Mary? I empathise with your views but there has always been problems, even in Roman times. They are just more subtle or refined now. The age-old spiritual question remains and we are in fact evolving. Nothing stays the same.

All is reflected in Consciousness or Vibrations, if you like. A Saint will bring up a child in a saintly way. If one has suffered toil and turmoil in the hands of parents, then there is every chance that the cycle could repeat itself.

There are always internal and external forces, and the Divine is still in charge. Some children come into this world with good potential, and others remain the victims of destiny, unless, through Grace, the cycle can be broken.

This Earth is the field of manifestation, and all Souls, new and old, must learn life's lessons here. Still, things can appear gloomy, and I repeat that I empathise. Remain an eternal optimist, if you can. Much Love.

I do try to be optimistic about the future of this crazy world.  There is so much hate and terror in the world today.  Maybe I just want to spare another being from living through it. Yes, there have always been problems; they seem to me to be worse.

2. manatita44 profile image72
      manatita44posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I understand, Mary. You're such a lovely person! The answer was veiled in my first response:
      'the Divine is still in charge.'

I never think otherwise. My continued love to you today. Have a great W/End

14. The Examiner-1 profile image60
    The Examiner-1posted 9 years ago

I think that question may be asked by any mother, or father, who is unsure about having a child at any time.

15. Rosie writes profile image82
    Rosie writesposted 9 years ago

I truly believe the world has always been a crazy place.  All you have to do is open a history book to know this.  The main difference is that today we get to hear and see closeup every atrocity that happens, not only in our own country but all across the world.  There are just as many good things going on that we never get to hear.  The news is saturated with bad-doings.
    I think having a child, loving a child, and providing for a child is the most wonderful thing in this life, and I would never suggest anyone who has a nurturing and loving heart miss out on this precious gift.

1. Lady Guinevere profile image66
      Lady Guinevereposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yeah just ake a look in the Bible where A brother killed his other brother.  It has been a crazy place way long before today.  If there weren't othrs who had children after that we would not be here at all.

Rosie, you are so right.  The world has always been a crazy place, and I don't see it changing for the better, either.  I wish I could be more optimistic about the future of mankind.

16. Isaiah Gnagny profile image57
    Isaiah Gnagnyposted 8 years ago

WELL, Gog created adam and he saw that he could not live alone so he should give him her wife... Later he told them to procreate... PROCREATE DOSES NOT BAD BUT DO IT ACCORDING TO YOUR MEANS

17. profile image0
    Joshtheplumberposted 8 years ago

If you believe the world to be crazy, the soul who chooses to inhabit your child will be seeking a crazy world. They will, at first, expect you to be crazy for them. How you handle it will help define where they seek craziness later. Children are quite resilient and adaptive, but habits formed in the first 12 years are extremely difficult to break.

18. Huntgoddess profile image68
    Huntgoddessposted 8 years ago

Huntgoddess says

Yes, it is always a good time for a baby.

Babies are the future.

We need a future.

As Ebenezer Scrooge points out in A Christmas Carol:  ". . . I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year. I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future. The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. . . "

I just read on Wikipedia that Dickens may have patterned Scrooge on Thomas Malthus, who wrote, _An Essay on the Principle of Population_.

That makes sense.

19. beyoulou profile image61
    beyoulouposted 8 years ago

The world has always been a crazy place, you only have to take a look back into the not so distant past where people were publicly hanged or beheaded. I think on the whole people were far more barbaric back then, but it never stopped people from bringing children into the world.
    Don't forget that families were also much bigger back then partly because infant mortality was high due to poor sanitation. we have much better hygiene practices and medicine has come a long way in keeping people alive longer.
    We will never live in a perfect world, but I do believe that steady progress is being made and each generation brings positive changes.
    To answer your question Mary, I think now is as good a time as any to bring a baby into the world. Children need lots of love and nurturing, the rest will take care of itself. have faith.

20. monia saad profile image61
    monia saadposted 8 years ago

Always the life is hard and every time there are many think the same way it was. But life will continue and people will beget a lot of kids because it is God's will. But should every mother and every August that cares about the morality of his children so they would have the best of our world

21. profile image52
    protamposted 8 years ago

you ask your big baby(husband) ,what is he thinking other way you check in www.google.com.

22. Stephen J Lawson profile image57
    Stephen J Lawsonposted 8 years ago

How is now any different than before? What makes you think that times are worse?

mary615posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Oh, Stephen...I could get on my "soap box" and rant about all the negative changes I've seen just recently.  I am unhappy with the state of affairs of our country, the homeless, the veterans we don't help enough, the abused children, etc.etc.

23. profile image54
    peter565posted 8 years ago

Depends on what country you are at and your own financial status

1. Huntgoddess profile image68

I disagree. It's always a good idea to bring a new baby into the world.

Whatever the circumstances, there are many loving couples who are anxious to adopt.

There are also many willing and eager to help.

24. keishialeelouis profile image61
    keishialeelouisposted 8 years ago

Every period of human history has been crazy. Yes everything seems to be getting more intense. But not having children isn't a logical answer. If my ancestors had decided not to bring new life into the world during the antebellum period, I wouldn't exist. Likewise, I'm sure someone in your family tree had real struggles as well, but you're here. I think raising kids has more to do with the parents sense of spiritual awareness rather than the "historical" events surrounding us. Children truly bring hope.

25. everythingzealous profile image60
    everythingzealousposted 8 years ago

You would never have a baby then - this world is getting more and more crazy everyday. Instead of focusing on the negatives try focusing on the positives - like the fact that you will be that child's parent and you have control over what you teach them, etc. You can teach your children morals and respect (which I'm sad to say alot of parents don't do these days.)

26. marchie profile image60
    marchieposted 8 years ago

To be born is a great privilege. Let the children be born into this half rotten world. Everything is up to them. The way they view the world is how they'll live inside it.

27. profile image56
    MC Kentposted 8 years ago

I am struggling with this as well.  I thought I wanted to have children at one point in my life, but now the thought terrifies me.  I see children and teenagers coming in the practice I work in daily and the attitude has changed dramatically.  Children are raised by phones and tablets now instead of parents being parents.  I don't worry about how I would raise a child, but I worry about how others would impact him or her.  How do you protect your child from clicks on the internet?  With cyber-bullying becoming stronger and children becoming more over-sexualized with "role models" like Miley Cyrus and Rhianna (just to name a couple), there is no telling what the future will look like.  I am constantly reminded of Sodom and Gomorrah in the Bible, but I feel this is worse.  They didn't have the internet to spread their immoral beliefs in the way people do now.  Let's not forget the over-medicated population going crazy, like SSRI abuse (something many modern day mass murders have in common, aside from weapons).  I get depressed thinking about the future that child would had.  What opportunities will there be?

McKent, You summed up my feelings so well.  Thanks.

28. NoouurrFaarreess profile image59
    NoouurrFaarreessposted 8 years ago

You because he will be American citizen ..

29. AnnaCia profile image78
    AnnaCiaposted 8 years ago

hi.  There have always been a kind of difficult situations and events in hour lives.  It is time for parents to provide the child or teach them about society, values and ethics.  If you want to have a baby, remember and equip him/her with knowledge

30. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 8 years ago

My wife and I had this same conversation on September 11, 2001. Eventually we realized that there really is no such thing as a "good time" to bring a child into the world -- there's always something horrible going on somewhere. All you can do is have that kid and then be the best parent you can be.
    Our first son was born in November 2002 and is almost a surly teenager now, time flies. smile

31. Patrina Breau profile image60
    Patrina Breauposted 8 years ago

For me, every day I will hope babies will be born into this fascinating and yet illusion world. And it is vice versa than every single day, hours and minutes, humans have left this world.

The world has not changed a bit, it is human who has caused this craziness. We have to keep on building our generation as time does not always on our favor.

32. poleflux profile image60
    polefluxposted 8 years ago

I hang my head in shame when I see the future we have left for them, poisoned.

33. Rana shamu profile image60
    Rana shamuposted 8 years ago

it is my dear the best time to bring it because you the mother can create him angel or devil so you should teach him or her with good ethics and this would be the best thing to earth by you

34. profile image0
    PeterStipposted 8 years ago

Knowing that we live in a time of massive climate change based on the consumption of goods and "economic growth" it is not a good idea to choose for children. To have children is in a way the worst thing to do if you look at it from a moral point of view.
    But it depends a lot on the upbring. At the moment consumerism is a disastrous thing for our planet. So for the future of the parents and the children, living as green as possible is a must. Recycle things (cloth, plastic bottles , solar panals, etc.) don't buy constantly new electronic stuff, even if you can afford it. Take the bike if you can instead of the car or public transport.

I dont have children, but not because of these reasons. I think we should be optimistic but change our attitude towards economics.
    "economic growth" is a disaster and not necessary.  And we should change our attitude towards nature and the resources. It's a popular phrase but we def. have to "think green" otherwise the climate change of the earth will have deep consequences for the rich and poor alike.
    If we can teach our children to follow this path the human race can build a great future. But as said it will be radically different then the neo-conservative so called "free market" politics want.
    And we have to do it our own way, not the FOX tv way.
    bit by bit,  buy local. buy fruits from the season. buy organic. It's healthier and better for the local economy. Support your village/city if you can, not the big shots who produces in a foreign country because they can use slave labour like NIKE or NESTLE.

Hope I didn't go to far of topic ;-) it's a broad question.

Thanks for this great comment.  I look at my Grandchildren, and can't help but be concerned for their future.

35. Chriswillman90 profile image91
    Chriswillman90posted 8 years ago

I would hesitate bringing new life into this world, but hasn't that always been the case. Shouldn't it still depend on the parent's financial situation and mental stability. Yeah society is uncontrollable, but you should be able to parent your child. If you can't do that and want to let everyone else raise them, then no you shouldn't bring a baby into the world.

36. James Power profile image60
    James Powerposted 8 years ago

Now would probably be the best time to bring kids into the world, we are in a golden age of technology. Our lives are much better than any of our ancestors and I know there are some crazy things happening at the moment, however in 100 years the world will not be as we know it. If man cannot find a substitute for oil once that runs out then our lives will be in danger but I am sure there will be a solution and it could be your children that find it.

37. juberth profile image60
    juberthposted 8 years ago

I think it depends upon the situation of there daily lives. If they can handle and give the need of there baby's will I think that is a good decission but If they cant give what the babys need will its better to stop.

38. Faizan Jutt profile image55
    Faizan Juttposted 8 years ago

yes . this is the best time for married persons

39. old albion profile image61
    old albionposted 8 years ago

I believe that regardless of the actions of man at any given time we must carry on and bring new life or humanity will perish.
    Graham.

40. Mihnea Andreescu profile image67
    Mihnea Andreescuposted 8 years ago

I think it depends-if you feel like you could offer him protection and a stable education-Yes,then by all means bring an infant soul into this world.While I agree the world is crazy and there are so many potentially harmful agents out there in the world,raising a child can also bring great satisfaction.

41. Rachel L Alba profile image91
    Rachel L Albaposted 8 years ago

Off hand I would say not, but, God is in control and when He says no more children then that will be the time.

42. MonkeyShine75 profile image60
    MonkeyShine75posted 8 years ago

No it isn't, but I don't think any time was/is good. There is too much suffering both inside, and out for me to ever want a child. Bringing one into this world seems selfish to me, which is just MY opinion. We can't control what someone does, and we wouldn't be able to keep them safe from the things in the world, so why have them?

43. tranthanhlam profile image65
    tranthanhlamposted 8 years ago

Every time is a good time. Having a baby is a gift of life.

44. profile image50
    marissadavidsonposted 8 years ago

I do completely agree with you, our society today is aggressive, selfish and unpredictable. But, with that being said our society does not raise your child. Yes, the will be surrounded by all these good and bad things, but as a parent it's how you address it. If you don't want your child to be exposed highly to technology at a young age, then don't have them exposed to it. Many of the toxic qualified our world has today can be blocked off from a child's knowledge. They will eventually learn the troubles of termism, economy crashes and a constant president change but by that age they will be educated and mature enough to let it sink in. If anyone waited for our world to get "less crazy" one would never have enough time to produce a child. Our world is a crazy place, but the child is a direct reflection of their parents.

As a Mother of four wonderful girls, I have to say they turned out great, but I would hesitate to bring another child into this crazy world we live in today.

45. sockii profile image71
    sockiiposted 8 years ago

I can't have children due to infertility, and more and more I am thankful for that.

Not so much for thinking that the world is a horrible, "crazy" place - it always has been. But I do believe the pressures and stresses placed on parents and children, at least in Western culture/society these days, have become so incredibly difficult and burdensome. I can't imagine trying to be a parent today when, for instance, a "concerned" neighbor might report me to the police if I dared let my child walk down the block without supervision. (Helicopter vs. free-range parenting). When college tuition prices are so out of control. When parents feel the need to plaster photos of their kids and personal information publicly all over the internet/facebook...when kids are dealing with higher than ever levels of bullying, pressure to grow up quickly, losing themselves into ipads and video games before they are even out of the crub. That disturbs me, and when I see some of my peers with children these days who have to deal with all of these pressures I don't know how they do it. And what this next generation is going to end up being like.

46. Northstar17 profile image60
    Northstar17posted 8 years ago

I wouldn't hesitate to bring a new life into this world, as long as I was in a position to spend time raising that baby. I feel like I was put on this earth to make this a better place to live in and that's the way I'm raising my 16 year old. This can only be done via examples and real life discussions. For this to happen, I need to be active in her life and she needs to see that I "Walk the walk" and not jus t"Talk the talk".
    if I work so much that someone else is raising my child, then why bring a child into the world?

47. choosetolive profile image72
    choosetoliveposted 8 years ago

Yes. World during its past or present or future, gave/giving/will give its level of challenge to all of us lived/living/live at that point in time. If we have to wait for a good time to bring a baby into the world, we will be keep waiting for a good time. More than just bringing the baby, better to guide them with good deeds and teach them in helping the society or people who are in need of help. More depends on the way we teach them. There is a oldest saying in India that, one should posses a 'Yogic body and Vedic mind' to lead a good , healthy, happy life and a mandatory responsibility to serve/help the society. I would grow my kid towards my kid as well.

1. choosetolive profile image72
      choosetoliveposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Ignore my last statement.

Ravi, you are so right....parents don't seem to be teaching their children good moral values anymore.  They depend too much on the TV and video games to "teach" their children!

3. choosetolive profile image72
      choosetoliveposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Yeah Mary. You are right

48. choneycutt profile image68
    choneycuttposted 8 years ago

First of all, we need to clarify what gives us the right to have children?  Is the right god-given, biological, or is it utilitarian?  By Christian and biological reasoning, we should produce as many children as possible.  However, it seems you are looking towards a utilitarian approach.  In other words, I will rephrase your question as: would it promote everyone's overall general happiness to bring a baby into the world right now?

I am having a child in about a month and I have considered this question a lot.  My answer is that we can never know if it is a good time to have a baby.  We cannot know how our children will turn out and how this world will treat them.  But, according to terror management theory, having a baby gives your life meaning and thus helps you to ignore the fact that you will die.  So, if you are looking for personal happiness, I would say it is a good time to have a baby.

1. Northstar17 profile image60
      Northstar17posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations Chase. While my daughter makes me happy and gives my life meaning; we need to be careful of thinking a child is going to give us personal happiness. Too many teenage girls make that mistake. We need to already be happy inside.

Chase, congrats on having a baby in your life.  I just had two brand new Great Granchildren,and I will love and cherish them all the rest of my life.  The parents of these babies plan their births.

49. tanrepublic profile image40
    tanrepublicposted 8 years ago

of course, i would have never thought it that way, when did having a baby become a bad thing or timing.

50. erorantes profile image49
    erorantesposted 8 years ago

Parents plan to have childrens. It is a life time commitment. When parents have the money to be financially responsable for their children. Anytime is good to have children. There are private school and a good exclusive neighborhood.  For others who are not ready. It is always a bad time.

1. Northstar17 profile image60
      Northstar17posted 8 years agoin reply to this

I agree with having a child is a life-time commitment . However, I disagree with financially responsible being a need for private schools or exclusive neighborhoods. There are plenty of good public schools in safe neighborhoods.

2. erorantes profile image49
      erorantesposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I agree with you about public schools. The private schools are for people who do not like public schools. The food is easier to find in modern times or the old ways. Anytime is good for some people. I like your comment.

3. Huntgoddess profile image68

Private school and exclusive neighborhood aren't necessary.

That's a rather elitist way of thinking.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)