jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you think soccer players disgrace the sport when they dive or fake injuries t

1. wiserworld profile image90
    wiserworldposted 5 years ago

Do you think soccer players disgrace the sport when they dive or fake injuries to draw a foul?

2. AM Hanson profile image77
    AM Hansonposted 5 years ago

I think they disgrace themselves, not the game.  For every actor on the field there are far more players who have never faked an injury.  It reflects more about a certain player's style and attitude than it does on the game as a whole.  Also, they often get caught, which only makes them look worse.  You don't get to be mvp by drawing fouls.

3. seh1101 profile image94
    seh1101posted 5 years ago

I agree with AM Hanson. Many players will fight to stay on their feet, even after a tough challenge. Unfortunately, many players exaggerate contact to deceive the ref. Referees need to crack down on exaggerations, but its tough to differentiate a faked injury from a real injury within a brief moment.

4. profile image0
    WhydThatHappenposted 5 years ago

I think falling and exaggerating it to draw attention to a foul is alright, but faking a foul is not. When they do that it just slows down the pace of the game, and that's a shame. But I guess it's not a disgrace if it helps them win games- that's what their manager is all about. That's in professional games only, but I guess it matters how you look at it

working