jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

What small town in Ontario, Canada would you like to visit if you could, and why

1. landscapeartist profile image78
    landscapeartistposted 5 years ago

What small town in Ontario, Canada would you like to visit if you could, and why?

I would like to travel this summer but unfortunately I cannot go too far from home, so, I would like some ideas as to where I can take my son this summer.  Please, if you have some ideas let me know and why you choose that town.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6785139_f260.jpg

2. Oscarlites profile image35
    Oscarlitesposted 5 years ago

Whitehorse , Yukon, is a very interesting city.. very seasonal, very native oriented, and very candian, and independent,.  it has lots of outdoors, lots of stylish shops, with neat things to buy, crafts to veiw, and has an annual storytelling fest..    lots of fun!

1. Oscarlites profile image35
      Oscarlitesposted 5 years agoin reply to this

well, I guess that is farther away..  lol..  I don't know about ontario..

2. landscapeartist profile image78
      landscapeartistposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I would love to go to the Yukon sometime.  I will keep that city in mind for future reference.  Thank you.  Unfortunately, this summer I am stuck in Ontario.

3. nightwork4 profile image59
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

Sault Ste. Marie is where i live and it's a nice town. we have lots of places to camp, hike, fish etc., around us and there are things to do in town also. Wawa is a cute town too, though not a lot to do if you don't like the great out doors.if you do go to the Soo (short for sault ste. marie), visit things like Bondar Park during festivals, the different beaches and the Bush Plane Museum.Also if you are here at the right time, you should go to a Pow- wow, they are an amizing example of our Native folks heritage .

4. shiningirisheyes profile image61
    shiningirisheyesposted 5 years ago

I realize this isn't geographically in line with the question but I've been dying to go to Whistler, BC.  They have an 11 day snowboarding music and art festival, they provide some great whitewater rafting - so I've been told, and the scenery is beautiful.

working