Michael Vick is unreal and should be happy

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (16 posts)
  1. TimTurner profile image68
    TimTurnerposted 14 years ago

Michael Vick is complaining and doesn't like his role on the Philadelphia Eagles team:  http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdo … nfl,201166

Are you serious, dude???  You are SO lucky to even be playing again!!!  I was so pissed when the NFL reinstated him.  Now, he's bitching.

What is wrong with people?  This dude is flat broke when he was the HIGHEST paid player in the NFL three years ago!!!  He should be freakin happy he gets a now paycheck.

Unreal.

2. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

I couldn't agree more!

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

me too!

3. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image73
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 14 years ago

He's really not gonna like his role in about two years when he's out of the league.

4. jobister profile image62
    jobisterposted 14 years ago

Eagles will most likely trade him for picks in next year draft. There was talk about Buffalo needing a new QB and considering how bad Buffalo is the Eagles might be able to get at least a first round pick out of the whole situation.

And I agree with your analysis on him being lucky to be able to play football again. Eagles should utilize him as trade bait and there will be teams that need a QB.

1. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image73
      EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There is no way in the world the Eagles will get anything close to a first round pick for a guy who was already well on his way to washing out of the league the first time and has done nothing but reinforce that in his second incarnation. More likely than not they will end up releasing him outright.

5. ledefensetech profile image68
    ledefensetechposted 14 years ago

He never should have been let back in.  So let me get this straight.  They won't let Rush bid on a team because he was accused of making racial epithets, but they'll let a guy convicted of dog fighting in?  Rush should keep his money.

1. blue dog profile image59
      blue dogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

actually, it was a bit more than rush being "accused."

1. profile image0
        sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I thought you, Rush and Sean were homies.

6. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 14 years ago

to be honest, i think michael vick should just be happy with his current situation and try to be a good team mate as much as humanly possible.  however, i think vick's problem is that similiar to most young athletes growing up, they're so used to people kissing up to them on a frequent basis that they're not able to handle a smaller role when they're forced to.  the same thing is going on with allen iverson in the nba, he got so used to being treated like a star, but now he's royally pissed for taking on a reduced role.  granted these are different sports, but it still has a valid point.

7. R.Edwards profile image64
    R.Edwardsposted 14 years ago

not agreeing with any of you except for the fact that he should try and focus on being a good teammate.

If ANY of you in here feels he or she sh**t doesn't stink, well then think again. I am so tired of everyone ridiculing this young man for something he did in the past. I won't even start my list of names of...well, I'll just call them "people" (because believe me, there are tainted bloodlines all over America)who should be strung up, hung up, and left to be stoned by the citizens whom they persecute and wrongly judge.

Give him a break, because 1000 dogs doesn't amount to millions of lives, human lives.

Be sure to be careful of who you judge, look on your pasts as individuals, your families, your parents...your grand parents.

Are you your brother's keeper, yes you are! All of us have skeletons in our closets, so let he has NO SIN cast the first stone!

pfft...dogs! What about euthenizing horses because they can't run and earn a greedy, rich white man his millions anymore....please!

It's hypocrocy at it's greatest and most of you people don't even know it, don't care and just look to down the first.....nevermind!

I feel too passionate about this man's case as I do others in his situation who are lesser known, but victims of a hypocritcal society looking for a scape goat to blame for it's screw ups!

And believe me, an argument with me on this case will go nowhere, I have pages upon pages of evidence against standing leaders today that in turn will have you same people looking for reasons as to why their hanous crimes can be justified, and for the most part, already are!

grow up people, because just how lucky Vick should feel for his second chance is the same why some of you should be counting your blessings that this world isn't run by a legitimate justice system that SHOULD entail justice for all, not just friggin' dogs!

Live on Vick! Learn from your mistakes, praise God that you can attest to the foul up you committed, and pay no attention to the horemongers, politicians, adulterers, decietful reporters, and the list goes on.

Only God knows this man's heart and if it is truly dark (like the people in powering positions, both past and present)then he will be judged accordingly.

Here's a question for you people, who's worse....Michael Vick or George Bush?

1. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 14 years agoin reply to this

well there's no question that george w bush has done far worse than anything vick has ever done.  however, to address you what said, i do agree with you on some things about his past, and I do believe that if a person is truly sorry and regretful, then he should be given another chance.  however, i'm not going to defend anyone else's comments in here as i doubt, like in all cases, they'll defend me.  therefore, im just speaking on my own accord.  i never said that i think vick is a bad person.  in fact, far from it.  all i said was that i think if vick truly wants to gain favor back into the media perspective, then he needs to try to keep his complaints to a minimum and just concentrate on being a good team mate and player for the eagles.  thats really all he can do for now because if he complains too much, then another nfl team may not want him.

2. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image73
      EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm pretty sure that Michael Vick is a better football player, but neither one of them is good enough to start in the NFL at this point.

8. acanderson24 profile image68
    acanderson24posted 14 years ago

Wow, Michael Vick!!! Man, I live in San Antonio, Texas. They busted a multi-million dollar dog fighting ring right outside the city limits....It was in the news for oh about half-a-day. A few prominant people  were involved, lawyer, peace officer, doctor. ( and no, none of them were working undercover)They all received deferred ajudification, (probation for 6 months). Vick did his crime, Vick did his time. Rush Limbaugh continues to do the activities that he was accused of.

" pfft...dogs! What about euthenizing horses because they can't run and earn a greedy, rich white man his millions anymore....please!"

Exactly.....

I know it made a good story, but it is over.....the crying about his role, ok, but that is almost every pro athlete. To play pro sports is a privilege for anyone.

I remember Eli Manning cried during the draft about he didn't want to play for the Chargers....oh but that doesn't count cause he hadn't been in trouble. What about hunting for sport? America is so full of double standards. The problem is that "others" are now benefiting from double standards.

Remember Bill Romanowski spit in a guys face. That is one of the most degrading acts you can do to anyone. He probably should have been banned. I think he did it twice and punched someone, but he remained in the NFL.

Get serious people....

1. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 14 years agoin reply to this

wow, that was the best response i heard on this forum.  you make a very good point.

9. MikeNV profile image66
    MikeNVposted 14 years ago

He has what... 3.8 million reasons not to complain.  I could retire on that amount and I'd be pretty happy with it. Some people can never get enough.

And I actually like Michael Vick and do wish he had the opportunity to play.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)