Why is the Penn State football team being punished for something one man did year's ago?
Ok this is based on something I heard and if it is correct I don't understand. Please set me straight.
Okay it wasn't years ago when it ended, It was years ago when it started. The reason for such a stiff penalty is because the administration as well as the coaching staff knew all about it and allowed him to keep his job. Nothing at all was done to punish this man until now. He deserves life for molesting all of those small boys.
Right. I guess I'm looking at the students being punished for something somebody else did. But, I understand the involved staff is I guess the ones being punished. I feel bad for the students. Thanks for your comments.
Who enabled Jerry Sandusky, the nut case, who will die in jail?
1. Joe Paterno. He’s dead.
2. PSU Vice President Gary Schultz and Athletic Director Tim Curley, both of whom will likely be doing hard time for perjury. And PSU President Graham Spanier who also may go to jail. Maybe not. In any event, his career and reputation are ruined.
3. Back in 1998, the District Attorney, Department of Public Welfare, Children Services, and police investigators copped out (no pun intended). In reviewing the documents from back then, many conclude charges should have been filed against Sandusky. If they had been, the rest of this tragedy likely would have not happened.
4. The parents of the victims. With a few exceptions. Your child is being sexually abused over a long period of time, and you have no clue?
5. Sandusky’s wife and other close family members.
6. The media. They were able to figure out Tiger Woods was doing a bunch of hot babes. Why couldn’t they figure out Jerry Sandusky was doing a bunch of young boys for years and years?
7. Penn State students and alumni. NOT. PSU will pay out far more in civil lawsuits than what the NCAA billed them for, and this cost will to some extent be borne by the students, alumni, and taxpayers.
Anybody with a brain bigger than a pea can figure this one out. There’s plenty of blame to be passed around, but PSU students and alumni don’t deserve any of it.
The NCAA is a kangaroo court.
by Susan Reid6 years ago
Joe Paterno is 85 years old. He is undergoing chemo and radiation for lung cancer. He was terminated over the Sandusky sex scandal. However, he is not being criminally charged.Whether you stand behind Paterno or vilify...
by alphagirl5 years ago
Did you think justice was served to Sandusky of Penn State?I was watching the news last night and was relieved for the families and the men who were violated as children. I don't understand how his wife was so unaware...
by Caren White3 years ago
I looked at my hub scores today and cried. They have been falling steadily for two weeks from 70's & 80's to 60's and 70's with one 59. Today, one of my hubs has fallen to a 50. HP is sending me...
by breathe2travel5 years ago
What are your thoughts on Penn State removing former Coach Paterno's statue from football stadium?
by IDONO5 years ago
Should the NCAA take scholarships from Penn St?I say, "NO" The scandal issues are criminal, not sports related. Even bigger is that so many younger kids dreams of playing football at a storied school...
by billd016035 years ago
Do you think the Joe Paterno statue at Penn State should be taken dowm?
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.