jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you believe winning is important?

1. tobusiness profile image87
    tobusinessposted 5 years ago

Some people say winning is not important, it's all about taking part. As we support our individual countries in this London Olympic
    please give reason for your answers

2. Frank Atanacio profile image80
    Frank Atanacioposted 5 years ago

Winng is very important.. it builds that competative edge  that  can keep you rolling through life..  It's a great feeling to gain victory..  losing  has that empty feel.. and emptiness goes hand to hand with losing.. That's why there is never a sore  winner  only sore losers..   Winning isn't everything is what a loser would say..  yeah winning is important.. and instead of calling it losing  you can call it trying hard to win  but just came up short..Yeah?  LOL

3. profile image0
    Starmom41posted 5 years ago

winning is important, but not as important as fair play and sportsmanship

4. donnah75 profile image96
    donnah75posted 5 years ago

Winning in an honest way through hard work, passion and dedication is important in sports as well as other areas of life.  Winning validates a person's hard work, as that is their ultimate goal.  I also think it is important to note that winning isn't always defined as being first, although it often is.  I heard an athlete say yesterday, "being 4th in the Olympics isn't too bad..."  Winning could mean beating your own personal times or rivals.  Winning could mean doing better this time than you did in the last competition.  If we don't compete in life, we will likely become complacent and the world will not move foward. Competition inspires people to do better and create. 

Great question!

5. profile image0
    Garifaliaposted 5 years ago

Not all the time, but winning once in a while does wonders for morale. Now, as for the Olympics, well I am so proud of all the athletes from every corner of the globe. They work so hard all year round, day in day out, that yes their participation alone is a triumphant step. But it sure feels good when they win that medal; imagine how successful and accomplished they feel!

6. Rosana Modugno profile image84
    Rosana Modugnoposted 5 years ago

Of course it is.  Whoever says winning isn't important, probably doesn't win very often.  I like winning.  I am competitive by nature and had to fight for a lot in this world for many reasons to long to explain in this forum but I believe there's nothing wrong with wanting to win or fighting to win.  We all do it in different ways, don't we?  And we do it in just about every aspect of out lives, not only in competition mode or the Olympics.  We do it in wanting to win the best parking spot, the raise at work, recognition from our peers, winning traffic here is cool, isn't it?  lol

7. ryan-cd profile image68
    ryan-cdposted 13 months ago

Biggest load of rubbish ever.

Winning is important, losers don't get celebrated except in Schools where its all about the taking part, don't get me wrong it is important to take part but this is real life, your not successful until you win, no matter how many times you take part and loose you still lost your still not a great, where as if you only take part once but you win on your first time your automatically a winner.

That is life, and kids need to learn that harsh reality and not told its okay you took part, because that's how they fail, that's how we all fail focusing on the taking part, we need to focus on the end result, the win.