jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Was Gabby Douglas hair the first thing that came to your mind as you saw her com

1. beana profile image60
    beanaposted 5 years ago

Was Gabby Douglas hair the first thing that came to your mind as you saw her compete for the gold?

Who is the real hater?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6995766_f260.jpg

2. David Morrison profile image77
    David Morrisonposted 5 years ago

Her hair looks nice, but I have no idea why it would come to mind.

3. MomsTreasureChest profile image91
    MomsTreasureChestposted 5 years ago

No, it wasn't.  They all had their hair pulled back the same way; it didn't stand out to me.

4. mvillecat profile image79
    mvillecatposted 5 years ago

Absolutely not. I'm sure it was just a bunch of mean, jealous girls who posted that crap. She is a wholesome girl who has goals and morals and that just does not set well with a lot of other teen girls these days.

5. duffsmom profile image62
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I'm still trying to figure out what everybody was talking about. I think she is adorable and talented.  I saw nothing wrong with her hair.

6. beana profile image60
    beanaposted 5 years ago

Yea, I guess the media was trying to kill her confidence because I didn't see any post from my friends on the social networks saying anything about her hair. She is a beautiful young girl and they (the media) need to stop bringing up negativity about her hair when there is absolutly nothing wrong with her.

7. Rebecca2904 profile image78
    Rebecca2904posted 5 years ago

I've seen a few articles about this on facebook and as I haven't read any of them I honestly don't know what it's about. Is she supposed to have bad hair? good hair? she has perfectly normal looking hair as far as I'm concerned and she's very pretty. I think it's a shame that as hard as she must have worked to get to the Olympics, all anyone is talking about is her hair (not you, the people who published and shared the articles).

8. junkseller profile image85
    junksellerposted 5 years ago

Gabby Douglas's hair was the last thing that came to mind when I saw her compete for gold. It's the last thing that comes to mind when I look at the photo above. In fact, I think it is just about the last thing that ever comes to mind for any human being at any time in any place.

I have never understood the mentality of requiring body parts to be specific ways. Why people self-inflict such types of judgment is beyond me. She's a beautiful and talented amazing little girl. I hope she doesn't even waste a second on this. And I really hope no one in the media ever wastes her time asking her questions about it (but I'm sure they will).

9. dndswordsmith profile image70
    dndswordsmithposted 5 years ago

So your asking about her hair, I believe that anyone focusing on how her hair looked is superficial, cosmetic and ignorant. I only saw grace and beauty. My daughters only saw, a young Black girl achieving her goals and dreams. She has been an inspiration to my girls (even my 3year old.) Who cares about how her hair was, I thought all the girls had their hair pulled back in ponytails.

As with this incident along with others surrounding her appearance and performance, there is no question on who the haters are. PEACE!!

working