jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

Where do you get your sports news and why?

1. alexandriaruthk profile image76
    alexandriaruthkposted 5 years ago

Where do you get your sports news and why?

Newspaper, local or the Internet - Yahoo, msn sports, or you just browse and go to the main sports organization site? I wonder if there are still people who get their news from transistor radio.

2. kb240801 profile image60
    kb240801posted 5 years ago

I actually get the news from wherever is convenient. I use a couple different apps on my phone, tv, computer, xm radio. And when I see something like "breaking news" or something out of the ordinary ill check various sources to confirm the news.

3. profile image0
    lesliebyarsposted 5 years ago

ESPN.com because it is easy to use and also ringtv.com for all my boxing news.

4. CyclingFitness profile image94
    CyclingFitnessposted 5 years ago

TalkSport Radio, BBC 5 Live Radio
    Cyclingnews Website
    Various niche sports websites
    Eurosport Website

5. allelsematters profile image75
    allelsemattersposted 5 years ago

I usually get my sports news through television and the internet, when my favorite team is playing I really tried to watch their game. I seldom heard an announcement regarding sports in the radio but in our country especially the upcoming Pacquiao and Marquez fight they are going to like telecast it also through the radio.

6. Paul Kuehn profile image95
    Paul Kuehnposted 5 years ago

Since living in Thailand, I have gotten almost all of my sports news over the Internet.  My favorite websites are Yahoo sports and Bleacher Reports.  I used to get a lot of sports news on my hometown teams from the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel Sports, but lately they are only giving readers 20 free articles per month and after that you have to pay for the news.  Ugh!!  I am also able to watch live sporting events on ustvnow which is a service for expats living overseas.  In the Thailand media, British sports such as rugby, cricket, and soccer dominate.

7. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image83
    BLACKANDGOLDJACKposted 5 years ago

Yep, there are still people who get their sports news from the radio. Me. When I wake up, I stagger to the kitchen and start the Mr. Coffee. Then I turn on my little radio to the only AM sports station I get out in the sticks where I am. Mike & Mike is on that station weekdays. They are interrupted from time to time with the leading sports stories, not that they aren't also talking about them. Then I feed the cat because he is whining since he ate all his food during the night. I drink a couple cups of coffee while reading the parts of the three newspapers from yesterday that I buy every  day that I didn't already read. Then I take a shower and shave. Of course I take my radio into the bathroom.

8. Goody5 profile image68
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

I often just simply get it from off of the Internet, because it's fast & reliable.

9. mrpip profile image60
    mrpipposted 5 years ago

I get most of my sports news from ESPN. Basically, I set up lots of alerts on my ESPN account so that key stories get texted to my cell phone throughout the day. I get alerts on "breaking news", "fantasy football", and I think I have scoring updates for at least a dozen or more teams that I follow, both college and pro across football, basketball, and baseball.

10. MAFLORIDA profile image73
    MAFLORIDAposted 5 years ago

I primarily get my sports news from ESPN.com, though I also peruse the sites of my favorite teams (Gatorzone.com, Gatorsports.com, Lakers.com, and Yankees.com).

11. sportspot profile image54
    sportspotposted 5 years ago

if u need some interesting and hot coffe news,i would certainly suggest espn info.

working