jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

What is the legacy of NFL Ravens football player Ray Lewis?

1. alexandriaruthk profile image76
    alexandriaruthkposted 5 years ago

What is the legacy of NFL Ravens football player Ray Lewis?

He announced that he is going to retire. Is he more of a leader, a good motivational speaker or one of the best defensive player, can be both.

2. Miller2232 profile image59
    Miller2232posted 5 years ago

Ray Lewis is all the above. Ray Lewis set the tone and when you listen in on those pre-game speeches, that was true emotion. Ray Lewis was a leader on & off the football field, he motivated & inspired others, and was a complete defensive player. Ray Lewis made others around him better.

3. number2son profile image59
    number2sonposted 5 years ago

Honestly, even though I don't like to say this, he might just be all of the above.  I don't like him, and I hate his team.  However, as he got older, he did get a little worse at everything that he did.  That is probably why he is retiring after this season, along with the fact that he is starting to get injured often, and wouldn't be able to stick around for much longer anyway.

4. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image84
    BLACKANDGOLDJACKposted 5 years ago

I hate Ray Lewis. Okay, I'm sure I'll like him a lot better next season, when he's not playing.

Him and Ed Reed, definitely elite at their positions and first ballot Hall of Famers.

1. number2son profile image59
      number2sonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You're right about that.  I dislike both of them, and their teammates, and I hate the Ravens.  Probably my favorite player on the Ravens is Ray Rice.  He is just kind of a good guy, he had a hard life, and he isn't like his teammates in many ways.