jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

NFL- What are the effects of Ray Lewis absence to the Ravens team?

1. alexandriaruthk profile image77
    alexandriaruthkposted 5 years ago

NFL-  What are the effects of Ray Lewis absence to the Ravens team?

Lewis is a big factor in the Ravens team, psychologically and physically, he plays with passion and inspire the team, plus he is also a formidable linebacker. What is the effect of his absence in the remaining football season due to an injury. We are not yet sure if he will play or end his career.

2. isenhower33 profile image77
    isenhower33posted 5 years ago

He is but he'll be a leader from the sidelines. He will be missed but they'll pick it up even without him. They still have some really good leaders on the defense, and you can bet you'll see Ray Lewis still on the sidelines cheering his team on. And I think he'll be back next season because he wont go out with a year like that. He's not like some that get injured and just retire. I think he'll be back next season to tear stuff up before he calls it quits.

3. petertebin profile image68
    petertebinposted 5 years ago

The biggest effect will be the way he leads the defense. He has always made people around him play better. Look at the long list of linebackers that left here and never made a name of themselves. The Ed Hartwells, Adalius Thomas and Jamie Sharper are the biggest names that have left and never performed. Ray plays the game with his heart and leaves it all on the field. Now he is also a smart linebacker who can pick up reads and calls audibles such as a Peyton Manning or Tom Brady.

4. IDONO profile image81
    IDONOposted 5 years ago

Not as much as we think. He's not the player he used to be, of course because of age. But all of his sideline and pre-game antics are kind of old hat. Great for T.V. but not so impressive on the field. Impact on new, young players is not what it was because they grew up watching him and know what to expect
         I hope he retires. His career has been nothing short of amazing. I'd like to see him go out on that note. Maybe he'll be a good example to A Rod!