jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Will you run a marathon if it comes to your town?

1. lisasuniquevoice profile image75
    lisasuniquevoiceposted 4 years ago

Will you run a marathon if it comes to your town?

2. tamilarasi11 profile image62
    tamilarasi11posted 4 years ago

ya ofcourse i will run in marathon  i will enjoy in participating in marthon

3. Jacante profile image71
    Jacanteposted 4 years ago

I'm a runner from the greater Boston area.  Yes, I will keep participating in large races.  And yes, every runner I know who raced on Monday plans to participate in the 118th Boston Marathon next year!

Bostonians are resilient....and runners are especially resilient!

1. lisasuniquevoice profile image75
      lisasuniquevoiceposted 4 years agoin reply to this

That's great. My friend from Michigan said she's running in Boston next year too. She wants to make it to the finish line, but what she really wants to do is to show her support for those who suffered this year.
      Thank  you,

4. NattyRose profile image59
    NattyRoseposted 4 years ago

Yes, of course! I am running the Fargo Marathon next month and plan on running another in the fall.

5. LauraGT profile image94
    LauraGTposted 4 years ago

As a Bostonian, I am very tempted to train for the marathon next year. For Martin.

6. sarahmoose profile image78
    sarahmooseposted 4 years ago

We haven't got a marathon at the moment, but I have done the half marathon. It was great, but the training was really tough. I would do it again though!!

7. Claudia Tello profile image77
    Claudia Telloposted 4 years ago

No. I am not interested in running such long distances, first of all because I find it really boring, and second of all, because I don´t want to hurt my knees, which are particularly vulnerable to repetitive strain. Almost all the runners I know, and I know quite a few, have knee problems. I do run, but I do so in short sprints that take no longer than 20 minutes total training, with minimum amount of rest and maximum speed. Otherwise, I´d much rather have a tennis match and get the long hours exercise that way, no knee problems there.