jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why have the successful Giants had an 0 -3 season so far tis year?

1. brakel2 profile image83
    brakel2posted 4 years ago

Why have the successful Giants had an 0 -3 season so far tis year?

Maybe Coughlin lived out his successful years or Eli does not have good back up players. This team won the Super Bowl in the recent past. Opinions may point out the flaws in this great franchise.

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

The defensive line is playing sub par football. Both ends have had average (not great) seasons and are not putting enough pressure on the QB.

3. profile image61
    retief2000posted 4 years ago

The defensive line may not be as capable as in the past, that may explain why Caroline scored so often, it does not explain why the offense scored nothing.  The success of the Giants has been. more or less sketchy.  Two Superbowl victories and years of strangely unsuccessful streaks have frustrated me as a minor Giants fan.

As a Bears fan my favorite games were when the Ditka Bears played the Parcells Giants.  That was good football.

I suspect this is Coughlin's last season.

4. lions44 profile image100
    lions44posted 4 years ago

As a lifelong Giants fan, I'm not surprised. This has been coming for some time. I picked them to finish last in the division and it appears I was right.  Eli caught lightening in a bottle twice in his career. Got lucky. That won't happen anymore. The defense is not the same anymore with Osi Umenyoira gone. Victor Cruz is another very overrated receiver.  Why pay a receiver big money? Try free agency.  And finally, the O Line is getting old.  So it's time to rebuild. New coach, new attitude, new players. Maybe a new QB?
    They have never even made the playoffs the year after they've been in the Super Bowl (in team history).  And remember in 2007 and 2010, they were a road wildcard team. They were lucky to make it. Granted, they won. But lots of underperforming QBs and team have won a ring.  I have to stop ranting...sorry. Another great question.

working