jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Why do you think some people are attracted to dangerous sports or other dangerou

1. Seckin Esen profile image91
    Seckin Esenposted 4 years ago

Why do you think some people are attracted to dangerous sports or other dangerous activities?

2. kenyantechpreneur profile image60
    kenyantechpreneurposted 4 years ago

Each person has an intuitive distinction. We are made different. Some people are able to do things that others can't do, while some are able to most unpredictable things. People are attracted to dangerous sports because they want to test their limits in such sports. They want to see how far they can get.

3. ChristinS profile image97
    ChristinSposted 4 years ago

In many cases they are addicted to the adrenaline rush they receive from it. Adrenaline causes a high in the brain that some people enjoy - plus they likely get a thrill from doing something that defies the odds.

4. CyclingFitness profile image92
    CyclingFitnessposted 4 years ago

I need that adrenaline surge in my life to make me feel alive. Whether it's flying down a mountain descent on a 23mm strip of rubber on my road bike or scrambling through a cargo net in knee deep mud my psychological fitness needs these challenges and I feel 'flat' without them.

"Stronger, better, faster, longer" is a great way to describe an adventurous mindset.

5. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

Because they are adrenaline junkies. Some have been in the service or some types of situations that have given them that need for the "rush." It becomes addictive.

6. Edward J. Palumbo profile image86
    Edward J. Palumboposted 4 years ago

In the effort to answer this question, my response was too long and I was electronically instructed to edit my response or make it a Hub. Since editing is difficult for me, I made a Hub out of it.

7. profile image0
    greeneyedblondieposted 4 years ago

I believe some people need to live on the edge in order to feel like they're living. As humans we all need to feel like we're trying to survive at some point in our lives in order to feel like we've lived.

1. Edward J. Palumbo profile image86
      Edward J. Palumboposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I address this issue at greater length in my Hub, "Why Are People Drawn to Risk?"

working