jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Tim Tebow allegedly is millionaire. When the teams traded him or fired him, woul

1. brakel2 profile image80
    brakel2posted 4 years ago

Tim Tebow allegedly is millionaire. When the teams traded him or fired him, would they pay him?

He was with Denver, New York, and New England.  What would happen to his contracts.

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

It all depends on how his contract was written. If his agent had any since at all, he would have put a buyout clause into his contract. Meaning if the team cut him, his salary would be payable upon his release.

brakel2posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for your answer. I hope he has a good future.

3. IDONO profile image80
    IDONOposted 4 years ago

I hope so.He's not a great player ,but I don't think he got much of a fair chance. But I can't think of any guy in pro sports that will probably use that money in ways that will benefit many people. I don't believe that any failures or ridicule will cause him to waiver in his commitment to Christanity and don't see wealth turning him to something evil like so many others.

brakel2posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for your answer. I am glad that he has money, as he never had a fair chance.

4. lions44 profile image97
    lions44posted 4 years ago

If they cut him, most of the time, teams owe nothing. In the NFL, any real money is given up front in bonuses. I doubt there was a buyout clause, particularly in the case of the Jets.  I'm pretty sure he got nothing when he was released.  His money is from endorsements, and he also doesn't seem to have any vices, which helps. smile

working