jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Would you have signed Tony Romo to a 6 year, 100 million dollar contract?

1. Alphadogg16 profile image91
    Alphadogg16posted 4 years ago

Would you have signed Tony Romo to a 6 year, 100 million dollar contract?

The Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has came under fire since signing this huge contract which puts Romo in the same air as Tom Brady, Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers. Sports analyst Stephen A. Smith even recently suggested that the Cowboys owner was more interested in media hype/frenzy and advertising dollars rather then actually winning. Would you have given Romo a 100 million?

2. Ericdierker profile image58
    Ericdierkerposted 4 years ago

An ad costs about 10 million for 30 seconds on prime time major networks.

You do the math. Money is just hype. And it takes hype to make hype. Big freaking deal 100 million.

dogg16 these guys who talk money like this are idiot parrots. Get real man Phillip Rivers is the best!

3. jaydawg808 profile image90
    jaydawg808posted 4 years ago

I don't think any athlete is worth millions of dollars.

4. lions44 profile image99
    lions44posted 4 years ago

I would not sign any player in the NFL (including Brady and Manning) to that type of contract. I believe he got $45 million of that guaranteed, which is just ridiculous. Overall, players in the NFL are underpaid, I know that. But that doesn't mean you overpay anyone either. Why waste your money on a guy who has done nothing? If Sean Payton or Harbaugh was the coach, Romo might improve. But what great coach wants to be part of that chaos?   I disagree with Stephen A. There's no doubt Jones believes he can put together a winning team when he is making these moves. He wants to win and winning means more revenues.  Sure he loves the publicity, but Jones thinks he is a real football "expert." Everyone knows better.  So Jerry might just be more nuts than we thought. He's the 21st Century George Steinbrenner.
       Great question, Alphadogg.

5. profile image0
    christiananrkistposted 4 years ago

i like Romo, but i dont believe he is worth that much. he hasnt even won a playoff game yet. i do believe Jerry Jones is only interested in media and selling tickets to a freak show.

6. definitions profile image61
    definitionsposted 4 years ago

That's not a lot of money.  I would definitely consider it...

7. lsfloro profile image61
    lsfloroposted 4 years ago

No way in hell would I have signed the mediocre at best Tony Romo to that kind of a contract.

working