Does the performance of a sports team directly reflect the support they receive

1. KrasMackin profile image74
    KrasMackinposted 4 years ago

Does the performance of a sports team directly reflect the support they receive from their city?

How important are the fans when considering a teams play?  Reference to the 12th man of the Seattle Seahawks.  When more people support the team, how much does that influence the play of that team?

2. Brittany Kussman profile image83
    Brittany Kussmanposted 4 years ago

I think the performance of a sports team does directly reflect the support they receive from their fans. After the hockey lockout and the St. Louis Blues returned to the ice I noticed there weren't many fans at the games, but as the team progressed and did well more 'band wagoner' fans climbed on board and began rooting for the team. I have been going to the games since about 2006 and for about 3 years the beginning of their season had maybe a little over a half of the stadium full, but the better they did the more the fans came. Personally I don't feel fans have anything to do with how well a team plays, but I have seen many interviews with Blues players where they thank the fans for their support and they say how St. Louis fans are the best and most loyal and support the team constantly. I'm sure the more the city gets behind the team the better they do because that effects the whole moral of the team as a whole.

3. Fran Michaels profile image80
    Fran Michaelsposted 3 years ago

Not at all. The Buffalo Bills haven't made the playoffs since 1999 (the longest drought in the league) and they still sell out almost every game. And that's in an outdoor stadium in Buffalo weather.

Can the 12th man help a team? Yes, I believe they can if they are loud enough that it affects the ability of the offense to communicate.

working