Who is your favorite sports team?

Jump to Last Post 1-36 of 36 discussions (71 posts)
  1. Drew Breezzy profile image62
    Drew Breezzyposted 15 years ago

Who is your favorite sports team? and why

1. Harvey Stelman profile image61
      Harvey Stelmanposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Oklahoma Sooners! I went there, it was great.

2. Christenstock profile image58
    Christenstockposted 15 years ago

The Dallas Cowboys because their Cheerleaders are HOTTT!

1. goldentoad profile image61
      goldentoadposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hot cheerleaders but that's all thats good about them.

1. Christenstock profile image58
        Christenstockposted 15 years agoin reply to this

lol...hear hear!

3. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 15 years ago

SD Chargers!  I don't need a reason because the truth will reveal itself in time! big_smile

4. puppascott profile image69
    puppascottposted 15 years ago

Michigan Wolverines! Go Blue!

Read this part when no one is looking. I am also a Lion's fan.

5. Drew Breezzy profile image62
    Drew Breezzyposted 15 years ago

mines jacksonville jaguars :p

6. Tom Cornett profile image81
    Tom Cornettposted 15 years ago

Colts in the pros....Buckeyes in college!  Go Bucks!

7. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 15 years ago

Quit spamming, please.

8. puppascott profile image69
    puppascottposted 15 years ago

Look, I was just standing there, officer. She came up to me and started this whole thing. I was just waiting for the bus.

9. goldentoad profile image61
    goldentoadposted 15 years ago

Raiders. And I hate Cowboy fans. And Denver Bronco Fans. And Charger Fans. And Pittsburgh Fans. And Chiefs Fans. And Patriots Fans. All in that order.

1. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 15 years agoin reply to this

M R fightin' words! Cowboys, Bronco's, Chargers, Patriots and Chiefs can all kick the Raiders butts any day.

10. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 15 years ago

How can you look past the Bumble Town - NZ Extreme Fishing Team?  These guys don't use fishing gear... they use their Bare Hands.. On every type of fish, shark, marlin or whale.. Finally, one of the team got exposure on Letterman recently.

No padding, shin guards or jock straps... Those things are for the faint hearted.. 

For Serious Fish Slapping: Bumble Town - NZ Extreme Fishing Team... Just Bare Hands and Courage...

any strategy involved or cheerleaders?

1. Pearldiver profile image68
        Pearldiverposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Of course there are Cheerleaders... And as far as Strategy is concerned... it is: Most secret to each team in the national tourneys.... obviously we don't give the names of our four cheerleaders away either.  But the next team challenge fr next week is to crash tackle a Mako Shark, straddle a Crayfish (spiney lobster) and fillet a live Yellow Fin Tuna in open water... within an hour.

Wow GT... lookin good!! That Diet really works!

you think I should model a speedo?

1. Pearldiver profile image68
            Pearldiverposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Mate... You Have Speedos????  Cool.. that's what you have to wear when you straddle the Crayfish... Form a team.. check YouTube And join us in our Xtreme Chals... If You've got Speedos ... You're half way there!!

2. RooBee profile image80
      RooBeeposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I do fancy a good fish-slapping. I'd like to see these guys in action! smile

11. cindyvine profile image66
    cindyvineposted 15 years ago

The Springboks because we are the rugby world cup champions, poor kiwis are chokers

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
      Eaglekiwiposted 15 years agoin reply to this

New Zealand are ranked Ist in the world smile that means in the last 100 years their win percentage was the greatest!!( something around 85%)

Springboks current world cup winners and 2nd ..aww ya gotta win more than the cup Cindy

Australia 3rd

12. Eric Graudins profile image58
    Eric Graudinsposted 15 years ago

The Australian Farnarkling Team, because they have defeated all comers in an international match.
    Dave Sorenson's special method of arkling the grommet round the gonad was pure poetry to watch!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFOImv3aTyo

Drew Breezzyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

haha Farnarkling nicee

That's some serious farnarkling!!!

1. tony0724 profile image61
        tony0724posted 15 years agoin reply to this

farnarkling sounds painful ! Do they give you anesthesia ?

1. RooBee profile image80

Anesthesia, like jock straps & chin guards, is for wussies. smile

13. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 15 years ago

New Zealand All Blacks Kick!! ( Ranked No.1 in the world) Cute , Rugged , Intelligent! which reminds me they play England real soon ,  Go the silver  fern ,take it to that red rose!!

Pittsburgh Steelers Smokin..!!( won most Superbowls)  smile oops looks like GT hates me now....awww america likes winners smile

14. dipless profile image68
    diplessposted 15 years ago

Wolverhampton wanderers football club...yippppeeee we got in to the premiership this season big_smile

15. RooBee profile image80
    RooBeeposted 15 years ago

Being from San Diego, I'm a lifelong die-hard Charger fan. Loved em through thick and thin. GT, please don't make me talk about the Raiders..........

At least they won some superbowls.

Yeah but that was back when I had hair !

As opposed to never winning?

OUCH !

Whats funny is you would think we are the home team when we roll down there.

They DID have some glory days, for sure. I give 'em that. smile

The Tijuana chargers never have done anything, and I think they'll bottom out this year.

It will be fun to see how it all plays out, that's for sure. Funny, that TJ bit. Forgot to laugh. wink

I know, TJ doesn't even claim them.

OAKLAND , (CA)--Oakland Raiders football practice was delayed nearly two hours today after a player reported finding an unknown white powdery substance on the practice field. Head coach Art Shell immediately suspended practice and called the police and federal investigators. After a complete analysis, FBI forensic experts determined that the white substance unknown to players was the GOAL LINE. Practice resumed after special agents decided the team was unlikely to encounter the substance again.

***hear Toad sobbing as he tries to sneak out the back door***

2. sweigand profile image59
                  sweigandposted 15 years agoin reply to this

LOL

2. tony0724 profile image61

Right On RooBee !!!

16. tony0724 profile image61
    tony0724posted 15 years ago

San Diego Super Chargers !!!!

17. Beth100 profile image68
    Beth100posted 15 years ago

Naturally, the Montreal Canadiens.. one of the original great Canadian hockey teams!!!  They rock!

I gotta go Flames w/ NHL -plus aren't all hockey teams Canadian, even the ones w/ American cities on the jersey? lol

2. Greek One profile image62
      Greek Oneposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Oh Beth, Can't say I agree with you on that:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Toronto-Maples-Leafs-Part-2

18. RooBee profile image80
    RooBeeposted 15 years ago

*gives Sandra & Tony supercool secret Charger-fan handshake*

lol!!

19. Moonchild60 profile image78
    Moonchild60posted 15 years ago

Since I am from New York I am a die hard METS fan.  I love them as a team. I love how they play together, you can see they really are a team!  I do not like the Yankees they are overpaid and arroagant.  Their fan base consists of these arrogant, pathetic people who think if they attach themselves to a big winning team, they are winners too, but alas, at the end of the day they are just who they are and not big winners like their team occasionally is.  It's really kind of sad.  I don't relate to my team that way, I just enjoy them.

20. RedElf profile image88
    RedElfposted 15 years ago

Team Canada Women's Hockey Team - great fast-paced clean game. Excellent hockey by a team at the top of their league - better games than NHL some days...

Second choice - Junior Men's Hockey - Team Canada

Put the Loonie in the ice, boys, we'll be back.

I would love to see this - I had no idea! Now I will be on the hunt for footage. Awesome! smile

21. Staci-Barbo7 profile image69
    Staci-Barbo7posted 15 years ago

Without a doubt - the Pittsburgh Steelers, because of the incredible way they can be down by two touchdowns or more in the fourth quarter and then just pull out a win in the final minutes of a game. They show tremendous resilience as a team.

see the penguins just won the stanly cup too , so way to go Pittsburgh!

22. boberto profile image54
    bobertoposted 15 years ago

My favourite team of all time is Liverpool Football Club big_smile

The history of this team is unbelievable with 5 Champions League Cups, Uefa Cups, Super Cups, English league Titles, FA cups, League Cups, the list could go on and on!!

Football = the best sport in the world!!

There is no better football team in the world other than Liverpool FC.

You'll never walk alone!!

smile smile smile

23. Michael Willis profile image67
    Michael Willisposted 15 years ago

The Dallas Cowboys! America's team...best reason.
    Always have been a fan and always will be.

24. 02SmithA profile image60
    02SmithAposted 15 years ago

Ohio State Buckeyes... from Ohio and I love the tradition and passion that Ohio State athletics have... Go Buckeyes!!

25. Beth100 profile image68
    Beth100posted 15 years ago

Well, as a Canadian, the Montreal Canadiens ROCK because they are:

1. one of the original hockey teams (way before expansions after expansions)
    2. helped define the sport of hockey
    3. has many legendary players
    4. had one of the best goalies ever who helped Canada win the Summit series in '72 against USSR

26. Pete Maida profile image60
    Pete Maidaposted 15 years ago

I will always be a Washington Redskin fan.  They don't make it easy for their fans here in Washington.  The Redskins have the worst owner in history. He raises prices on everything and produces a mediocre product.  He was the first owner to charge $40 to park a car.  This is in a spaces rented from office buildings a mile from the stadium.  You have to take a bus to the stadium.  He tried to make it illegal to walk to the stadium in order to charge everyone for a bus ride.  We blocked that one.  Once a Redskin fan always a Redskin fan.

Drew Breezzyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

wow that ridiculous

27. flread45 profile image60
    flread45posted 15 years ago

Patriots;Brady and team jell when he's well..
    poet and don't know it.

28. asianvato profile image61
    asianvatoposted 15 years ago

The Lakers because I have been a fan of them since I was like 2.

29. dcalderon20 profile image60
    dcalderon20posted 15 years ago

i grew up living and loving LA teams

LA lakers
    LA Dodgers LA angles
    LA Kings
    USC
    and since LA does not have a football team i love th 49'ers,

30. Greek One profile image62
    Greek Oneposted 15 years ago

Obviously I love God's team....
    The Toronto Maple Leafs

31. GeneralHowitzer profile image43
    GeneralHowitzerposted 15 years ago

Still love The Utah Jazz Team eventhough Stockto and Malone are long gone... I still love old basketball but younger generation of basketball talent now are tremendously good.

32. dohn121 profile image79
    dohn121posted 15 years ago

http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/ww151/glayng5/New_York_Giants.gif

is that NY dohn? lol

1. dohn121 profile image79
        dohn121posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Da New York Football Giants!  Fuggeddaboutit!  Oh!

33. footynut profile image59
    footynutposted 15 years ago

My favourite sports team are the English and World football champions...Manchester United!

34. Velascokids3 profile image59
    Velascokids3posted 14 years ago

My favorite team is the Chicago White Sox.  I grew up being a Sox fan, but love them even more now because they are the red-headed step children of Chicago... gotta love rootin' for the underdogs!

Drew Breezzyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So true, the white sox are often forgotten.

It is as if Chicago has one team, the Cubs.

35. Dakotadjones profile image59
    Dakotadjonesposted 14 years ago

DAAA bears!

36. manlypoetryman profile image80
    manlypoetrymanposted 14 years ago

http://www.unav.es/dpp/tecnologia/proyectos2004/96/Imagenes/2.Unahistoriareal/stress1.jpg
    Any and All Houston teams...despite that I don't always feel the love...a lot of times!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)