jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Has anyone good success linking a youtube video to a Hub?

1. Iron-Man-Fishing profile image78
    Iron-Man-Fishingposted 2 years ago

Has anyone good success linking a youtube video to a Hub?

I have a pretty big library of fishing videos I am putting together to post on Youtube and was wondering if linking them to a Hub gets good traffic.

Thanks in advance! The Hubpages community is awesome at helping out new people!

2. Shyron E Shenko profile image81
    Shyron E Shenkoposted 2 years ago

I have only used one of my own videos on HP, I don't know that it helped but I am happy that I did. 
    Posting your videos on YouTube is a good idea and then from there to your hub.  It may not help, but it will not hurt, and if your hub is good most who read it will watch the video (at least I would.) The thing is, people who are not into what you are writing about will not read your writing no matter what you do, but the people who are will.
    I wish you well, and will check out your hubs and let you know what I think.

Iron-Man-Fishingposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Okay, so this may sound really ignorant, but will adding a video to the content of a Hub do a lot to boost traffic? I know it will make it more interesting for people who have already clicked on the Hub, but does it boost traffic?

2. Shyron E Shenko profile image81
      Shyron E Shenkoposted 2 years agoin reply to this

The only ignorant question is one that is not asked.  I don't know that it will boost traffic I don't think it shows in the SEQ, it could, but it does add to the content of your hub in a positive way.

3. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 2 years ago

yes, I watch the video first then copy url link and paste it into video capsule

Iron-Man-Fishingposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Okay, I see now. What about posting a youtube video, then in the description at the bottom of a Youtube video, I post a link back to my Hub? Have you ever boosted traffic doing that?

working