jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What Activity Do You Do That Makes You Feel Like Yourself?

1. threekeys profile image79
    threekeysposted 15 months ago

What Activity Do You Do That Makes You Feel Like Yourself?

When I am walking along the beach and just love smelling the ocean spray of ions together with feeling the full  lushness of saltwater flowing and encircling my feet and toes. What is it for you?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13258345_f260.jpg

2. Ericdierker profile image58
    Ericdierkerposted 15 months ago

Cool question to think upon. I am cognizant of the need not to label myself things rather that just being me. But in truth I am many things. And when I am those things I feel squared with who I am. My favorites include; Being a father, a husband, a writer, a painter. And we like to claim that as a Christian we are a Christian entirely. Truth is that sometimes I have to pay attention to it. And when I do I feel as though it is what I am.

3. tsmog profile image84
    tsmogposted 15 months ago

What I do may not be what I wish to do. For instance the coast is about 20 miles away, yet I go maybe once a year. Meaning is I enjoy what you described and it awakens me in its own unique way. :-)

Otherwise being more home bound today it is meditating, practicing mindfulness, and prayer too. So, perhaps in summary first seeking inward and then experiencing awareness of self as a result. Of course 'myself' is multidimensional, so sometimes I am surprised ;-)

4. Billie Kelpin profile image87
    Billie Kelpinposted 15 months ago

I LOVE this question,Threekeys. For me it's the water as well.  I feel most myself when I'm in, on, or near the water.  A harbor is one of my favorite places.  I love just seeing the boats. t's like having the promise of something new at your finger tipsI I adore kayaking around Balboa Island here in Newport Beach, CA. I like it better when our family goes together, but I enjoy it alone as well.  Like you, I feel great connection with the sights and sounds and smell of the ocean.  I, myself,  prefer the calm coast rather than the rugged coast. 

I also feel myself when playing "sports" with my family like ping-pong or (when I was younger) volleyball.  Throwing beanbags with my adult kids now makes me feel free and myself.  I feel myself when playing board games as well. 

I feel myself actually when I'm a bit tipsy. I feel as if I can say what I want to say and be as affectionate as I want or as emotional as I want and I "get a pass" because "Mom's had a little too much." 

I feel I'm myself with my dog Scooter.  I can hold him and cry in the depths of my despair or hold him close to express all my deepest joy in simply his mere existence in my life.

I am most myself when my husband lets me go on and on about some strong belief or idea I have. 

I know there are other times when I feel myself.  I think I'll spend some time today thinking about this question.  It's a very important question for all of us, Threekeys.  Thank you for asking

working