Can the Jets Make it to the Playoffs for the 3rd time in a Row Under r

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (24 posts)
  1. wavegirl22 profile image41
    wavegirl22posted 12 years ago

In order to secure the AFC�s No. 6 seed, the Jets have to beat the Dolphins in Miami and the Bengals have to lose to the Ravens in Cincinnati and the Titans must lose to the Texans in Houston and the Raiders must lose or tie the Chargers in Oakland or the Broncos must lose or tie the Chiefs in Denver.

Alot of variables here for the Jets to make it. Of course Im rooting for them . .. and Im sure there is a slew of you out there rooting  .. well for other teams.

My question is how many of you think the Jets will get into the playoffs?

1. manlypoetryman profile image81
      manlypoetrymanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That's a crazy scenario...to have to fall into place. Sounds like the ones we have heard...in Houston every time we are with in range of the play-offs. This year I'm in shock that we wrapped up our division early...although we haven't looked like a winning team since.

Since the Texans stand in the way of your team making it to the play-offs...if they win...I can't really say that I wish you well with the Jets chances. But...don't worry...the Titans have been picked to win in the match-up against the Texans. Now that is crazy...you win your division...and someone from your own division...is picked to beat you during regular season. C'mon Texans...start acting like the team...that we all like to think you are!

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/1002/nhl.hockey.wit.and.wisdom/images/rodney-dangerfield.jpg

This should be the Texan's motto: "I tell ya'...I don't get no respect. No respect at all...I tell ya'!"

2. couturepopcafe profile image61
      couturepopcafeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That's like asking "how many of you think Jets fans will stop breaking beer bottles over each others heads."

wavegirl22posted 12 years agoin reply to this

You know Jets fans that do that?

Be careful here, its important when treading in such water you back up your words.

3. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

it is tough for Jets, but they can still win. Bush is not playing so if their secondary, WRs can help Sanchez they can win. I don't think Cincy can beat Ravens if Flacco is playing good. Defensive coach of Texans is back so they might win. Oakland likes to win and join the playoff in memory of their owner who died months ago, they can beat the Chargers but that is tough for them as well.

Good luck to your team my friend and Happy New Year!!!!!!!!

Happy New Year Maita.. . jets ugly today

go steelers smile

but for now I got my options open and its the Giants tonight over the Cowboys!

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
          prettydarkhorseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes, Go Giants!!!

Cheer up ok and thank you!!!

2. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
    Paul Edmondsonposted 12 years ago

I'm pulling for the raiders to make it into the playoffs.

3. seattleamilehigh1 profile image61
    seattleamilehigh1posted 12 years ago

GO BRONCOS!!

4. morozov924 profile image65
    morozov924posted 12 years ago

Bengals are gonna come swinging. As a Steeler fan, I hope the Bengals win. However, I think the Ravens want that bye-week. So I think Cinci will lose.

The Texans don't have a whole lot to play for. The Titans have everything to play for. That one is iffy.

The Raiders can beat the Chargers, but on certain weeks, they can't do anything. That's a toss up.

I think the Chiefs will beat the Broncos, despite their recent hot-streak.

The real question is, will the Dolphins come out flying like they have at times this year, and will the Jets recover from last week's loss?

With all the things that need to happen, I don't think it's realistic. But it's the NFL. Anything's possible. So I'll give them a 30% chance of making it.

you are good. . .  come visit these forums more,  I bet your knowledge of the game is off the charts!

5. Matt in Jax profile image61
    Matt in Jaxposted 12 years ago

That's a crazy scenario that would need to happen, but I don't see it happening. I'm truly not a fan of them at all, but I bet the Broncos make it in.

6. LuisEGonzalez profile image77
    LuisEGonzalezposted 12 years ago

Sorry Jets fans....they lost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    tongue

wow that was brilliant. thanks for the update. Jets fans around the world waited for you to come and tell us this.

Best part of NY. .. is you win some you lose some.

Jets lose Giants win.

Now what bright thing can you add?

1. LuisEGonzalez profile image77
        LuisEGonzalezposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You ever heard of a sense of humor?......part of being a fan is taking loses in stride..........wink

I have one - sense of humor

I am a huge fan of the nfl.

Loss taken in stride but even in the endzone there is a code of conduct, and it doesnt include . . . . .
          nah nah na boo boo.

7. I am DB Cooper profile image87
    I am DB Cooperposted 12 years ago

That was certainly an ugly way for the Jets season to end. Even if they had won, they would have been left out of the playoffs due to the Titans winning in Houston by a point (amazingly, I think all the other scenarios the Jets needed actually happened), but that's still not the way you want to end it.

The bigger question now is what will happen to the Jets in the offseason. Mark Sanchez seems to have worn out his welcome with the fans and Jets management. He only had 57 yards passing and 3 interceptions going into their final drive, during which he passed for 67 yards against a soft defense that was just trying to prevent a big play. Santonio Holmes was the Jets captain but now he's being accused by teammates on giving up in yesterday's game, a cardinal sin in the football world. The team lost so much faith in Holmes that he was benched in a close game on the Jets' final offensive drive. I can't see him wearing a Jets uniform again.

Rex aint going no where and he believes in Mark. So, Sanchez aint going no where. Schotty is obviously on the line.

As for Santonio - I am still out on this one. Hes a WR he whines. get over it  . ..  use it to your best  . and win. I hope ToneTime doesnt go in the ways of others before him like TO. Wide receivers can be so much fun to watch, and I must admit having a soft spot for Holmes.

Obviously they lost a lot of chemistry, Not a game went by this season that I did not miss Braylon Edwards (Tanny I hear he is available!)  and Brad Smith. They were a big piece of the puzzle and this year they were gone. Sure we met up with a beast on the lookout in Kerley, The other side of NY saw Plax make some nice plays but he aint as fast as he used to be and in todays game. . speed is essential and his chemistry can not be matched with Mark as it was with Elite Eli.

DB - I acquise to your take on the game, but I am hoping that your words in Holmes suiting up in green and white again are not true. If Rex is truly the coach that he preaches he is . . he will find a way to let Santonio finish his career on the talented note that he is capable of.

8. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 12 years ago

Reggie Wayne will probably be a free agent; maybe the Jets will go shopping again this year.  In addition to having great hands and being the most precise route runner in the NFL, he's incredibly level-headed for a WR.  He'd be a great influence on Sanchez.

Braylon and Brad. RW prob would be good in NY but Bray and Brad are on my wish list.

On a whole other wave of thought I would love to see Ocho as a Jet that Pats uniform sure does not suit him.

Norv Turners time in SD is almost up maybe he too will show up next season in green and white.

9. Greek One profile image65
    Greek Oneposted 12 years ago

3 years in a row? 

The Jets haven't made it into the playoffs since the last time they were in Winnipeg in mid 1990s

http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/images/sports/photos/2011/07/22/jetslogo_584.jpg

Funny how your Jets have our New York Giants colors. . ..

hmmmmmmm  . interesting to say the least!

1. Greek One profile image65
        Greek Oneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

oh, they are not MY Jets....

Why are you napping against a horse in your pic by the way?

cause my friend dared me to get near the horse.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)