Awesome DIY lip plumper for a full and voluptuous pout
It's every woman's dream to have full and voluptuous lips and not have to spend a bomb on an overpriced, over the counter lip plumper or go through the pain of surgery. Many women have had lip injections that cost immense amounts of money and pain, not knowing that there is a much easier way to acquire plump lips without the extra expenses and pain. Luckily for you women, I have a recipe that can change your lives. Most lip plumpers go with the theory that if you irritate the lips and cause them to swell up, it will create the illusion of plumper lips. The tingling/burning sensations that many people have experienced is what causes the lips to become larger and more full. Most of these plumpers contain lots of harsh chemicals as well as some essential oils that irritate the skin. There are many oils out there that can cause the lips to swell such as peppermint, clove, spearmint, ginger, wintergreen, cinnamon leaf and the best one being cinnamon bark oil. Many people also like to add some cayenne pepper to their plumper for a better effect; however, it is not completely necessary. This is a recipe that is exactly the same as the many over the counter products you can get, minus the harsh chemicals.
Now, let's move on to the recipe!
You will need:
a small tub of your choice vaseline
a small container/ tub to store your plumper in
an irritating essential oil of your choice as listed above ( most of these can be purchased at holland and barrett for just under £5 each. Refer to links for ingredients at the bottom of the page)
a popsicle stick for mixing ( these can be found in any craft shops or you could collect them from ice lollies)
half a teaspoon cayenne pepper chilli powder
2 drops of your choice fragrant oil
2 drops food colouring of your choice
How to make it? It's simple!
1 . Scoop a small amount of Vaseline into the container until it is 3/4 full of the product.
2 . Add your irritating oil into the mixture. If you want your plumper to be subtle, add 7 drops; if you want it to be strong, add 15 drops. Be careful when choosing how many drops you are going to put because the more you put, the more it burns, and the more plump your lips become.
3. Carefully mix it together using the same Popsicle stick and hold it away from your eyes because it will burn if it gets in your eyes.
4. (OPTIONAL) add in your food colouring and/or cayenne pepper and/or fragrant oil and mix it away from your eyes.
VOILA! NOW YOU HAVE YOUR VERY OWN LIP PLUMPER!
How and when to use your lip plumper?
1. Exfoliate your lips gently with a toothbrush to remove any dead skin and to make the skin soft.
2. Apply some of your home made lip plumper to your lips and wash your hands immediately.
Repeat this process every night and also apply the plumper whenever you want to.
Gradually, you will notice your lips getting bigger and plumper...
Please take the poll below and rate this article.
Thank you <3 x
Do you have naturally plump lips?
The ingredients required to make the lip plumper are listed above on amazon links, this is the cheapest you will get them so I highly recommend that you buy the ingredients from the links above... Keep reading and I hope you enjoy my hub. I thought I would be a good person to talk about this issue of flat lips because I have had flat lips my whole life and I was looking for a solution that did not include needles. I hope you deem me as a suitable author for this hub :)
How to line your lips correctly!
Lining your lips are another way to make your lips look plumper by creating an illusion with 3 simple products:
• Lipstick (matching to lipliner)
• Lipgloss (translucent)
1. Carefully line your lips and stay on the natural line of your lips. Make sure you connect all of the corners and don't over line on the corners
2. Start over lining the lips only very slightly on the cupids bow and on the middle of your bottom lip.
3. Fill in your lips with the lip liner and spread it out using a lip brush.
4. Apply your chosen lipstick to the middle of your lips and smack your lips together to spread it out so the whole lip is covered.
5. Apply some lipgloss only to the middle of your lips to create the illusion of plumper lips and you're done!
Did you enjoy this hub?
For more Style and Beauty hubs by this Author, click on the links below:
Do you like crafts?
Check out my new craft hub:
Also, please comment on my hub to let me know if you enjoyed it and follow me to see more posts:)