- Fashion and Beauty»
- Skin Care
Home remedies to remove tan
No matter how much sun screen I use, my skin is bound to tan very quickly ( I always forget to take a hat) . I do not mind tanning sometimes but its the uneven color tome which irritates me, my face looks tanned and my neck hardly gets tanned, so when I look into the mirror, I see 2 different skin tones! It takes time for tan to fade off and cocoa butter lotion helps a lot.
Given below are some home remedies to remove tan, it has helped me , hope i works for you all too!
- Apply Aloe Vera gel all over the area which has tanned overnight and wash with lukewarm water in the morning. You can even add a few drops of lime juice in the Aloe Vera gel.
- Mix 2 tsp of rose water and 1 tsp of lemon juice and apply twice a day.
- Apply lemon juice, peppermint oil and tomato juice on skin to remove tan. You can also use them individually.
- You can also bleach the skin which has been tanned, though I do not recommend it personally because it damages the skin.
- Keep yourself hydrated, drink at least 9-10 glasses of water everyday. You can even add a little lime juice in the water that you are drinking, this will help in speeding the lighting process.
- Make a mixture by adding yogurt with lime juice and orange juice. Apply this mixture for 15- 20 minutes on the effected area and wash with cold water.
- Make a scrub by mixing oatmeal, plain milk, lavender and almonds finely grounded. Apply on the effected area and scrub off after 10-15 minutes.
- Exfoliate regularly, you will see the results in a fortnight.
- Mix a tsp of vinegar, cucumber juice, milk and potato juice and apply on the effected area. Wash after half an hour.
- lemon juice mixed with honey and olive oil is also good for removing tan.
- Mix saffron and milk cream and apply it over night. You can even add a few drops of lemon juice too in it. This paste will add glow to your face and help in removing tan too!!!
- You can make a home exfoliate by mixing chick pea flour with tomato juice, lime juice, homey and yogurt. Make a thick paste out of it ( do not add water) and apply on the effected area. Scrub and wash off after half an hour. This process is a bit messy but is very effective.
- Dab buttermilk on your face a few times in a day. Buttermilk is an excellent home remedy to remove tan.
- Mix lemon juice, sugar and glycerin and make a smooth paste . Apply this on the effected area. Scrub off after 15 minutes.
- Make a pack of lime juice , milk, olive/ almond oil and honey. Wash face after 15 minutes. Use this pack for a week.
- Yogurt is an excellent ingredient to remove tan.
- Make a paste of turmeric and lemon juice. Apply this pack for 2-3 days a week. You can even add yogurt or plain milk in this pack.
Read more on skin care: