How To Wear Yellow: Hot Summer Fashion Trend
Catch Yellow Fever!
Not the disease silly! The fashion essential for summer 2010. Checking out the haute couture and RTW (that's ready-to-wear for the non-fashion people out there) runways this year, it is blatantly obvious that yellow will be HUGE!
Anyone who is anyone will be wearing yellow this spring and summer so you might wanna have a look-see. One of the greatest things about yellow is that its such a happy and bright color. Just looking at yellow fashions automatically cheers me up. Besides, what could be depressing about the color yellow?
What's especially popular this year is light yellow and greenish-yellow. The darker and super "Walmart" yellows are done with! (I know, fashion can be so fickle) Lime yellow is also in, if you don't know what that is, you probably wouldn't want to wear it anyway so don't worry about that. Another fantastic thing about yellow is that it is universally flattering! (Which most people don't believe because they pick the wrong yellow!)
Here's a quickie guide to wearing yellow for your skintone:
Pale: Dark yellow, mustard yellow, and very pale yellows. Avoid neon-bright and primary color yellow which will only make you look more pale.
Medium and Olive: Go for opposite ends of the spectrum. You should reach for lemon yellows, bold yellows, and can even go for super bright yellow which will make your skin glow.
Dark: Reach for those golds. Golds will bring out the delicious gold tones. You also have immense luck because you can pretty much wear whatever yellow you'd like, and look fabulous. The only yellow I'd avoid is neon, it may look too jarring since it'll be a sharp contrast to your skintone.
Let's take a look at every possible way you can incorporate beautiful yellows into your spring/summer wardrobe!
Casual Wear (Above)
1. Cute and casual top. Tops like this are fabulous because they can be worn with any comfy jeans on a summer day. The eyelet adds extra interest and makes any top look girly and special.
2. This one is for the badasses. I can picture this mustard-yellow jacket with just about any top- that's not yellow that it! I'd wear it with a pencil skirt and black ankle boots. Thank you Emanuel Ungaro!
3. This is a fabulous but casual skirt. It has great draping and best of all, has pockets! Pockets can be super useful for women who hate carrying bulky purses. All you need for a night out is cash and an ID! Buy this one at asos.com
4. Fantastic flowy top. Its great that it offers a good amount of coverage too. I would sport this one to the beach or a picnic. Pair this with flats and white shorts. Victoriassecret.com
5. Summer Shows do happen; But who says you can't look cute while its pouring? Wear this lovely meringue yellow trench with just about everything. A navy dress, cream skirt, jeans, slip or even a summer suit!
Summer Nights on the Town
Fancy Shmancy Yellow
6. This dress is perfect for an afternoon get-together or party. Yes, it's a dress with a beautiful design and great structure but it has elements of casual and preppy. Its perfect for a garden tea party (who goes to those?!) or a day of shopping in the city. Either way, I just loved how classy it was and had to include it!
7. Get ready to par-tay! This gold beaded dress is a smashing hit. It would be fun for dancing and then some! I wanted to include at least one super formal dress, because formal events happen in the summer too! Designer- Jovani
8. Simplicity + Yellow + Huge Ruffled Organza = The most divine summer dress! Its so simple, until you hit that huge swath of organza just beautifully framing her collarbone. The dress color is fabulous too, almost like a lemon-lime. Love it all!
*Fashion Tip* Personally, I am loving bright yellows with a gorgeous, rich plum color. Try a fancy satin yellow dress with some dark purple suede pumps!
Don't Forget the Yellow Extras!
If you have a fear of wearing too much of one bright color or you just hate yellow, you can still have a touch of yellow in your outfit by adding on a small yellow accessory. Start small, like yellow jewelry and work your way up to yellow shoes!
If you just fear all colors other than neutrals (like my roommate), try yellow nailpolish! Its a quick fun way to play with the yellow fashion trend, and if you hate it, it'll come right off!
Lets all go out for a 'yellow shopping day' and enjoy our summer looking fabulous in yellow! Once again, thanks for reading yall!