Health benefits and skin care from cilantro (coriander)
I know that this paragraph actually is no where related to the health benefits or the skin care from coriander but I would like to mention about the famous coriander chutney (may be because I love writing hubs on cooking). It is simple to make and very tasty to eat. Simply grind the following items with no water and make a smooth paste. You can adjust the seasoning as per your taste. This chutney can be stored and kept for 15 days. The color of the chutney can change but the taste remains unaffected.
- cilantro/ coriander 1 bunch chopped
- Salt as per taste
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- lime juice 2 tsp
- vegetable oil 1 tsp
- pepper as per taste
- ginger garlic paste 1 tsp
- sugar (optional) as per taste
- onion (optional) 1 small chopped
- dry mango powder 2 tsp
Go through this article for details http://www.manjulaskitchen.com/2007/02/04/cilantro-chutney/
To begin with, according to me I think that Cilantro and Coriander are the same. http://www.squidoo.com/coriander-cilantro. These two herbs originate from the plant called coriandrum sativum. Those who do not agree, I am sorry I cant help in that! I have already mentioned that I think that these two terms are the same. I know many will be surprised when they will know that cilantro is helpful in skin care. Even though cilantro is included in our meals everyday, I somehow cannot stand the smell of raw cilantro, whereas my husband simply adores cilantro. Due to this reason I never garnish my plate with cilantro. However I was quite taken aback when I found out that cilantro is quite effective in skin care. I plan to apply some of these home made masks and hope I can bear with the smell. However I must mention that cilantro has many health benefits. Some of the health benefits are -
- It helps in reducing blood pressure.
- It is a good source of iron, manganese, magnesium, potassium, calcium and dietary fiber.
- It not only prevents nausea but also protects our body from urinary tract infection.
- It helps in digestion and also relieves the body from intestinal gas.
- It is a rich source of folic acid, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin k.
- Cilantro also helps in reducing the bad cholestrol level (LDL) and helps in increasing the good cholestrol level (HDL)
Other than being good for health, coriander is also very helpful in skin care.
- If you are suffering from blackhead or acne, mix one tsp of cilantro juice and 1 tsp of lime juice. Leave it for an hour at least and wash with warm water.
- Add a small quantity of powder made from coriander seeds in your hair oil while massaging your hair. This will prevent in hair loss.
- Those suffering from dark lips, apply coriander juice to lighten the color of your lips.
- Coriander even absorbs excess oil from face. So in case you have an oily skin, apply coriander juice and wash after 1 hour.
To know more about skin are from home remedies, read the following hubs
- Spicy, tasty Shrimp biryani or prawn biryani
Tasty Shrimp biryani
- Sambhar Recipe
Sambhar is a famous South Indian dish. It is known as the most spiciest lentil soup. You can add any choice of vegetables in it and because of this factor, it is considered very healthy. Serves 2 Preparation time 15 - 20 minutes Cooking time 15...
- Easy,delicious and healthy Halva recipes-nutrient an...
US is a home away from home. As much as we love celebrating our Indian festivals here, we get the same pleasure when we celebrate the festivals those in US…Come October and my house gets busy gearing itself for the upcoming fests…my husband...
- Illish maach bengali style ( milk fish recipe)
Easy illish maach in mustard gravy
- different types of tasty and healthy rice recipes
Learn how to cook rice in different ways,easy and tasty recipes not to forget the nutritional value.
- Veggie rice quinoa baby food recipe ( khichdi recipe...
A healthy and nutritious food for toddlers. Mixed with the goodness of quinoa, kale , sweet potato and rice. Rich source of protein, iron and omega 3.