- Fashion and Beauty
The Beauty Balm Blog
a MAJOR Nip/Tuck
No Nipping or Tucking required
Beauty doesn't always come easy. Some are 'born' pretty & don't seem to have to do a thing. Some have to 'work' for it.
Even those born beautiful may even have to work a bit for it.
I will help you with Health, Beauty & via other pages maybe I'll include a bit of fashion as I don't think I'm good at it. (I just like to be comfortable. T-shirt & jeans to me is fine for all occassions, you just need to figure a way to dress it up or down!)
Also I will answer the Health & Beauty Myths throughout the beauty Balm (which includes other pages for Skin, Seasonal beauty care & so on) so now you know if you visited before (& I thank you for the loyalty) and missing part of the beauty balm that you can no longer find, (like the section for the guys) don't worry it still exists but it is it's own entity now!
Hubpages doesn't fit well as a platform with the entire scope of the Beauty Balm. They limit the amount of links you can have among other things and if it's not to their liking then they tell you it's 'overly promotional' when you are trying to educate people without infringing on what someone has already written,(really am I supposed to re-write what's already on another page?) so with a transfer from one site to another, things just do not fit the new format right; not to mention having all that information (that I swear some of it has been lost ) in a place that frankly I'm still not sure if I like it or not, as to me for one the site doesn't let or want you to even include your own stuff to be copied to a page (if it works on another as well) and if I have links (even only one from a few different sites) it say overly promotional (meanwhile If I rewrite that information then I am 'copying' others information & committing purgery. (So therefore am not able to include all the information I think is relevant to my readers SO I thought The Beauty Balm would be better suited as a Blog.
The pages That are here are posted there and will only be updated there as well as posts of new information. Soon the original pages on Hubpages will be deleted (I'm hoping by mid 2015 basically as soon as I get everything in order)
This hub you are reading may end us as a page on all my blogs as certain niches of mine like the Beauty Balm do not fit here
The Beauty Balm has Evolved
There are quite a lot of sub-topics to cover in the subject. Fashion, Make-up, Skin care, Products, seasonal, guy care, and I'm sure others I would have to look through the new posts to note. This is the reason for
It's a help as well, being I can include as many links as I'd like in a post, or in the sidebar as well as including menus by topic, and so on. I am still working on the blog and editing pages and so on, same as I am doing on here only trying to get them to within the guidelines (Wish there was a way I could do the Hubs & blog Pages like they had on squidoo where we had links to each section we made if you wanted to show someone some specific information) or bring them to something to a related topic in another one of your pages.
Sadly with Hubpages even though we have different 'modules or widgets' to make our page They do not have it so we can make a link directly to the part of the page if it works with another.
Another reason I am making it in this way is so that I have all my information in one spot & I don't have to worry about copying everything again. (though I will have to update my files for what is on the new site. Also others can re-post to their blogs and more sharing options.
They don't complain about not wanting people to veer away from the site.
I can also do short 1 paragraph posts or pages unlike here where I can understand though for quality sake but if someone has a long page like my Beauty Balm (which Hubpages won't publish I can't find what's OVERLY promotional about it, unless of course it is a repeated word for the sake that I couldn't come up with another that meant the same) with plenty of original text content then there should be no issue with the amount of links on it (even if it's a few to the same site so readers can find the article you want to bring to their attention.
I also don't HAVE to include loads of pictures and esp. the videos (as certain topics just really don't need a video
the following is a sampling of what you will find on th blog, but that's not all! There's Fitness/Workouts diet.. Skin care, Nails, Hair and I even post information for the guys.
If you want to see the 'Original Beauty Balm' Got to the Blog and use the menu bar tabs at the top. There you will find the pages if you click on those tabs as well as the ones that show up when you hoover over the tabs, those are other pages under that topic
Nail Stamp art
I wanted this when I saw it on tv, and while parusing a store I found it at a cheaper price, plus as soon as i got home I ordered like 25 plates off Amazon for $13 & change which between that & the price I paid for the kit came to what the price of the kit alone was on tv.
anyway for doing harder designs like plad & such, its much better to use just be sure your polish is fully dried & you use enough of polish, & scrape it off to get it on the stamper to stamp on your nail. it does take a little getting used to & of course as usually the opposite hand you write with comes out a bit better but after a bit of practice... it looks so good peole would think its just a decal!
- Cotton Balls or pads
- Emery Board (1 Fine & 1 Medium) or you can just purchase the Revlon 6 sided nail buffer (and save a few bucks!)
- Pumice Stone
- Nail Sponge (fine)
- Cuticle cream or balm
- Facial Cleanser
- Shower Gel/Liquid Body Wash
- Facial Loofa
- Facial Brush
- Nail Brush
- Cold sore treatment
- non-acetone nail polish remover - this will not damage fake nails you can also always purchase the acetone separate so that you can mix in a little of your own but this can only be used on real nails as the acetone eats away at the fake nails.
- Nail Polish Thinner
- Bonder (polish that will bond the nail lacquer to the nail)
- Emery Board/Buffer (Revlon Shape & Buff)
- Nail Clippers
- Colgate WISP pack
- Travel size hand/body lotion
(Gold Bond ultimate would be good) esp. during the Winter
- Travel size Sun Block (During summer)
- Cutter advance Sport wipes (to prevent Bug Bites) for summer
- Stridex Face wipes
(keep 1 in your back pocket or your bag esp. when you'll be out all day & night wipe your face & get the gunk from the day out)
- Listerine pocket pack Breath Strips
- Pack of Gum
- Chap stick or small tube of petroleum jelly (esp. in Winter)
- Crest Glide Floss or tooth picks
- Antibacterial Gel or packs of Wipes
- C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve (lip Balm & all around skin & body care. see products section)
Health & Beauty Myths
1. you don't need suncreen on a cloudy day
2. Walking is the only exercise you need
3. Drink more water to hydrate your skin
4. Moisturizing Prevents wrinkles
5. Pluck 1 gray hair and 10 more will grow in its place
6. Expensive skin care products work better
7. Calcium supplements are needed for strtong bones
8. Crossing your legs causes varicose veins
- Vodka~ Foot odor (same as antiseptic)
- Duct Tape~ band-aid -Warts
- Pencil ~ Tension Headach Place between teeth
- Yogurt- Bad Breath
- Apple Cider Vinegar- Allergies, Sinus
- Listerine- Blisters 3x a day
- Cloves- Infection
- Tonic Water- Charley Horses it contains quinine which has been proven to help relieve leg cramps. Drinking the bubbly water before bed also can help prevent the painful cramps from striking in the middle of the night
- Molasses or dark corn syrup for Colicky babies
Mixing a little molasses or dark corn syrup with warm water in a bottle can soothe a baby's crying & a mother's tears
- Vinegar -easing the itch Apply to skin exposed to poison ivy, poison oak can dry up the rash & soothe the itching
- Seeds for Bad Breath no peppermint around try chewing on fennel, dill or anise seeds can help your breath
- Hard Boiled Egg for pink eye _ one wrapped in a washcloth stays warm for about 5 minutes--which is just the right amount of time you need to soothe that irritated eye
Find your perfect Bra size
Original Squid/hub pages
- BOOK your BEAUTY Appointment
I have tried to include a book for Men and woman on each of the topics covered in the Beauty Balm Health, Beauty, Grooming & Hygiene. If it's not here & you know of one then please let me know the book & Author. & what the topic of it
- Spring into Summer Skin & body care
My Beauty pages are being moved to their new blog! Zi's Beauty Balm on wordpress. I will leave the pages up here temporarily but I hope you follow me over to the blog! see inside for link
- FALL for WINtering Seasonal Beauty
My Beauty Pages are moving to ttps://zisbeautybalm.wordpress.com and I hope you will follow me there. This and the other beauty pages will be up only a limited here.
- The LUSH Life
Live the Lush life with bath& consmetic products & more that are not tested on animals, Most (95% or more) of the products are vegan and just be Yummy smelling all day
- The MAN-icure
This is part of my Beauty (Balm) series. Of course I thought of the guys, side of things as well however all the beauty pages are moving to the new Blog see inside for details
- The Beauty Balm
An amalgamation of all topics Beauty and now has it's own blog!
- The Man bag
I came up with this for a quest on the defunct site squidoo. I've seen some guys with a bag, and I had to laugh at as they looked like they had their wife's purse. So as a lady a 'pro' give u advice
- Skin Sin
Is moving to my Beauty Balm Blog you can find it here. https://zisbeautybalm.wordpress.com I will only leave this version up for a limited time