How Do You Stop Puffy Eyes And Bags From Appearing?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)
  1. ngureco profile image81
    ngurecoposted 14 years ago

How Do You Stop Puffy Eyes And Bags From Appearing?

2. dabeaner profile image59
    dabeanerposted 14 years ago

Sleep and diet can help to an extent.  But mainly, see my answer to question about sagging breasts.

3. cuttierish profile image69
    cuttierishposted 14 years ago

This answer is from one of my hub:
    To Banish Puffy Eyes...
    Prepare a lukewarm water, and add some salt then stir it.. Then Dip a cotton ball in the solution and squeeze the excess liquid. Leave the cotton ball on your eyes for 10 minutes...then dip it back in the solution to get the cotton ball warm again..

For eye bags, there are some eye creams that would lessen it, like Garnier Nutritionist Caffeine Eye Roll-On You should also make it a to a point that you do not lack sleep...To read more about caring for your eyes, read my hub EYE LOVE!
    http://hubpages.com/hub/eye-love

4. hollyschulz profile image61
    hollyschulzposted 14 years ago

Sagging breasts are so relevant.... -_-

I've heard that high sodium intakes cause the puffiness below your eyes.  Obviously sodium has many ill effects on your body, so decreasing your intake will benefit more than just puffy eyes!  Stress and sleep imbalances can also be culprits.

Keep some spoons in your freezer.  In the morning, hold them below your eyes, and this can help the puffiness. 

Also, I used to put a bit of Blistex (Lip Medex) below my eyes which seemed to help a little, if you can stand the tearing / burning sensation smile

I've also heard hemorrhoid cream can tighten up the bags, although I can't speak from experience....

There are also many creams you can buy for a pretty hefty price.

Still, sometimes puffy baggy eyes are genetic and there's not much you can do about it.

5. 888royale profile image59
    888royaleposted 14 years ago

some say that when you go to sleep, always lie on your back so that water retention will not develop under your eyes

6. Beautyrama profile image58
    Beautyramaposted 13 years ago

Puffiness is caused by fluid retention around the eyes and can be relieved with some very light lymphatic drainage or by applying cool compresses such as cold, used teabags. It can also be caused by applying too much eye cream (more info in my hub) or one that is too strong for you.

Bags under the eyes are usually age related and due to the loss of collagen and elastin in that area. A good eye cream containing the correct doses of vitamins A and C will definitely help.

7. freshjust.in profile image62
    freshjust.inposted 13 years ago

Hi ngureco,

There are so many different remedies out there.  A few of them include cucumbers from the freezer, eye treatment patches, and obviously eye creams. Check out this link for more information http://www.removeeyebags.com/puffy-eyes-remedies/

You can also check out my hub here http://hubpages.com/hub/RemoveEyeBags

8. aestheticlinicSG profile image62
    aestheticlinicSGposted 12 years ago

I would suggest a one time procedure, you could have eyelid surgery than spending on creams and stuff. I think if you opt for the surgery, you could atleast save for this procedure and after that you would not worry about puffy in the morning. See before and after photos here: http://www.advancecosmetic.com/eng/surg … id-surgery

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)