jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What Really Makes Diamonds So Valuable To Women?

1. ngureco profile image84
    ngurecoposted 8 years ago

What Really Makes Diamonds So Valuable To Women?

2. stricktlydating profile image83
    stricktlydatingposted 8 years ago

They symbolize the ultimate love - Diamonds are most important to women when it comes to their wedding ring.

They also symbolize beauty and class, and femininity.  This is why we love to wear them in earrings, bangles and dress rings.

They are a keepsake and often take prize possession over all of our other accessories.

They're long lasting.  You don't need to replace them throughout your lifetime, and they don't go out of fashion.

They sparkle and look beautiful.

3. dabeaner profile image58
    dabeanerposted 8 years ago

"What Makes Diamonds So Valuable To Women" is a superb marketing campaign, for years, by the De Beers cartel of South Africa, London, and Antwerp, Belgium.

De Beers has created an artificial scarcity to keep prices up, but that control is slipping, so prices for common stones have actually fallen -- and drastically fallen if you consider that the value of the government scam fiat currencies has decreased due to government inflation of their money.

That means that a stone priced at $2000 forty years (in dollars then) ago probably still costs $2000 in today's dollars.  But that $2000 forty years ago would be the equivalent of $20,000 today.  AND, that stone that costs $2000 today probably would cost only $200 if the De Beers price-fixing totally fell apart.

But De Beers has done a great job marketing, making diamonds an OBLIGATION for guys "to prove their love" by buying those overpriced stones.  Woe to any man engaged or married to a typical bimbo (85% of women) who doesn't get her a diamond.  Nag, nag, nag.  If it's a one-carat, why not a two-carat.  If it's a two-carat, why isn't it a four-carat?  Sob, sniffle.

4. sarahpucci profile image58
    sarahpucciposted 8 years ago

Two things. They look amazing and they are rare ;-)

Oh - let's not forget that they are expensive... We always love expensive stuff!

5. Anamika S profile image57
    Anamika Sposted 8 years ago

I found this Question a little late. I have already answered this Question through a Hub of mine.
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Diamond-Jewelry … and-wealth

6. ScientificGear profile image60
    ScientificGearposted 7 years ago

Diamonds are said to be a girl’s best friend. Especially if these are heartily given to her. Because diamonds are rare (and not to mention expensive), it makes the girl feel she's also valuable. I believe its value comes with its rarity, and not so many people have the opportunity to own them.

For effective cleaning of diamonds and to preserve their value, please visit http://hubpages.com/hub/Bring-that-Spar … aners?done

7. April Ryan profile image72
    April Ryanposted 7 years ago

They are beautiful, expensive and classic.

8. profile image47
    jackdohsonposted 5 years ago

Because diamonds are most precious and preferred in ornament making by women. Quantum International Diamonds in the UK is the best place in my opinion for purchasing diamond jewelry at reasonable price.

working