jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

im going to get my first tattoo but dontknow exactly where or what. i want somet

1. shortee23 profile image51
    shortee23posted 8 years ago

im going to get my first tattoo but dontknow exactly where or what. i want something...

inspirational and meaningful. what should i get?

2. profile image0
    loriamooreposted 8 years ago

Think long and hard about it because it's going to be permanent  and not just a fad.

Choose something that meets your objective of being meaningful and spiritual, such as an angel or a cross.  Tattoos can be placed either someplace easily visible to the public or somewhere private.

Different parts of the body are more sensitive than others, so also keep in mind that some tattoos are going to hurt more than others and a big one is going to hurt more than a smaller one.  Around the ankle and on top of the foot are both more sensitive areas than a more fleshy area such as a thigh.

3. dabeaner profile image56
    dabeanerposted 8 years ago

If you are a girl, get a "tramp stamp" and add the text "Deliveries in rear only".

4. SEO IT! profile image83
    SEO IT!posted 8 years ago

Echoing Loria - Definitely put thought into it.

Get something that has meaning for YOU. Tattoos are supposed to "paint a picture" of who you are or symbolize a time in your life.

Just a word of advice:

In the future, you WILL sag, whether you are a man or woman. You may want to avoid particular areas.

If you are a woman (or a guy) with long hair and want something you can hide or show as you please, get it on the back of your neck, but I gotta tell you, it will hurt a bit more.

5. TheWatchman profile image86
    TheWatchmanposted 8 years ago

I have quite a large tattoo, and I absolutely love it. 

If you don't have something in mind that has a "deeper" meaning for you....just choose something you think is truly beautiful! It will create its own meaning with time.

BUT!

spend that money! its worth spending a bit more for a great tattoo artist to do your work, it will be with you forever! don't skimp on that extra 200 bucks.

also, try not to get a trendy type tattoo thats "in" right now.  Those are the ones that everyone gets, and most end up regretting.  choose something unique and interesting.

6. shortee23 profile image51
    shortee23posted 8 years ago

Thanks guys!!!! That helped a lot. I'm going to take some more time to think about it.

working