jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why do both men and women color their hair blonde? Especially Asians with blonde

1. telltale profile image75
    telltaleposted 7 years ago

Why do both men and women color their hair blonde? Especially Asians with blonde hair look odd.

2. lilian_sg profile image74
    lilian_sgposted 7 years ago

I'm not too sure why but maybe for fashion or style purposes. And it is not necessarily true that it looks weird on Asians. I have seen some who look good with it. You can search for pics of a Korean singer called Jaejoong. He once had blond hair. But because he is fair he looked good with it. Another person would be Lee Hong Ki (also a korean singer)

3. Ann Lee profile image69
    Ann Leeposted 7 years ago

From my beautician: If a man or woman is getting gray hair, it's easier to disguise this with blonde because when the white hair grows in, it isn't as visible against blonde as against dark hair.

It also seems to be the trend in Hollywood for everyone to go blonde. I'm not sure why.

4. Emmeaki profile image59
    Emmeakiposted 7 years ago

It's just a way to be different. Everyone wants a change once in awhile. I don't think Asian or black people look strange with blond hair as long as the particular shade matches their complexion. A lot of white people aren't naturally blond either, so why should they be the only ones with "permission" to go blond?

working