jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

when a piece of clothing doesn't look good on a person what would you tell them

1. profile image51
    smileyredposted 7 years ago

when a piece of clothing  doesn't look good on a person what would you tell them?

2. 5institutes profile image64
    5institutesposted 7 years ago

"So, want to get some coffee?"

or:

"You know, I think I have a deadline I need to get to..." (exits, stage left)

3. Simone Smith profile image93
    Simone Smithposted 7 years ago

It depends on who you are.

If you're a young girl, you might say "Nice outfit!" then trash it behind the victim- er... person's back.

If you're a mother or mother-in-law, you'll tell them you think the clothing doesn't look good in a kind, but slightly patronizing manner.

If you're a best friend, you'll be honest, and help the person find something better to wear.

If you're a guy, chances are you won't give a damn- unless you're a boyfriend, in which case you'd better not criticize.

And if you're Godzilla, you'll not tell them anything.  You'll just roar and step on them.  Threat neutralized.

4. GdessLacey profile image57
    GdessLaceyposted 7 years ago

Well if it's someone I know personally I'd tell them the truth and offer to help them find something different if they wished. That's what friends are for, to be honest, even when it hurts.

If it's a stranger, then it depends on the circumstances. I used to work for a retailer and helped many people find the right outfit, but for some they didn't want my help and all I could do was offer it and let the choice be theirs.

5. stricktlydating profile image81
    stricktlydatingposted 7 years ago

I wouldn't say anything.  What others choose to wear is their own choice, and it's not up to me to comment on their fashion choices if I don't find them to 'look good'.

working