jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Apart from the money, what are the best rewards from hairdressing and beauty wor

1. ethel smith profile image79
    ethel smithposted 7 years ago

Apart from the money, what are the best rewards from hairdressing and beauty work?

2. jdflom profile image75
    jdflomposted 7 years ago

Not being in that field, I can only speculate. I would imagine its the joy of helping people feel better about themselves because you make them look better. People often say looks don't matter, but that doesn't mean people don't feel bad when they don't look like models, so being one step closer is a confidence/ego/self esteem booster.

I would think that is the best non-monetary reward for the hairdressers and beauticians out there. I'm more than happy to be wrong though, as I said, I am not in that field.

3. Nick B profile image80
    Nick Bposted 7 years ago

You're certainly joking when you say money aren't you?
    As an ex hairdresser, I can only say that it ranks right down with waiting tables - at least, to begin with anyhow.
    It's good to get a mop in and send it out looking like a million pounds though and I would imagine the beauty racket is much the same.

4. puebloman profile image60
    pueblomanposted 7 years ago

The hair is supposed to be pretty valuable, the longer the better

5. KnowledgeSpeaks profile image56
    KnowledgeSpeaksposted 7 years ago

I am not a hairdresser, but I can tell you that my hairdresser is fantastic and greatly appreciated by all of her very loyal clients. She has never had a work shortage, even in this down economy. She is booked and I have never missed an appointment in the 6 years I've worked with her.

working