jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

I have a blue suit jacket with light blueish gray stripes. Can I wear it with je

1. profile image47
    musicman1960posted 7 years ago

I have a blue suit jacket with light blueish gray stripes. Can I wear it with jeans?

If so what color shirt and sneakers can I wear? (I am a male)

2. Powerful Pierre profile image80
    Powerful Pierreposted 7 years ago

IF you truly are a music man why not? Musicians today can dress anyway they want. I d find a plain light tan(yellow) shirt with sleeves and non fancy sneakers. That's a casual look

3. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 7 years ago

Yep, you've got that right, you're definitely a male, because a man wouldn't ask such an inane question and a man refers to himself as a man.

4. profile image59
    foreignpressposted 7 years ago

No, because it's too much blue. You want the jacket to stand out from the jeans otherwise you'll create the "undertaker" look. Check out men's fashion magazines like GQ, etc., and music sites online. Musicians, actors, and artists in general look rumpled in photos at awards ceremonies, etc. But actually what they're wearing is well thought out and -- to them -- trend setting. With jeans I wear a khaki twill sport coat with black mock turtle neck and chukka boots. BTW, I play trumpet.

5. stricktlydating profile image82
    stricktlydatingposted 7 years ago

Yes you can! To team a suit jacket with jeans just wear a casual T-Shirt under it. I think it would look great with a white T-Shirt. But only if it's not a 'wedding' style suit jacket. They're too bulky for jeans. About your sneakers, just wear your favourites as when you remove the jacket you'll just be in T-shirt and jeans and they will suit the look.

6. Tess45 profile image81
    Tess45posted 5 years ago

You could even where a vintage band tee with it and some  blue, gray or black Chuck Taylors.