jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Are tattoos worth it?

1. TheBlondie profile image60
    TheBlondieposted 7 years ago

Are tattoos worth it?

They hurt, they are permanent, and are easily regrettable. Is it worth getting one, or are they pretty pointless?

2. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 7 years ago

I am not among the majority, but I think they are pointless.  They are permanent, as you said--It is like wearing the same shirt for a lifetime--what if your ideas, likes, dislikes change over time and there it is that tattoo that is there forever despite the fact the person has changed and moved on.

3. mcrawford76 profile image82
    mcrawford76posted 7 years ago

Personally I love my tattoos. They not only remind me of where I was and how I got them, but how I was feeling at the time, my interests, etc. They have a story to tell, and they are a part of me. I would love to get more, but I don't have that kind of expendable income with 4 children.

4. ii3rittles profile image83
    ii3rittlesposted 7 years ago

It depends on the reason behind the tattoo. I have 3, small, black ones. One is a cat on my right wrist, because I love cats dearly and will always love them. On my left wrist is a tribal heart and it symbolizes my new found love for God. The last is on the right side of my neck, behind my ear. It is a dove with a halo that symbolizes my spiritual growth and love for God and Jesus Christ. I value each one and will never regret none of them because they represent things I love and will always love. I also drew them myself and had them put on. I will never put someone else's work permanently on my body.

If you simple get a tattoo without reason, you will end up regretting it. I know quite a few people that have gotten them and regretted them in the same year. To have something without meaning or purpose is pointless.

5. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

to me they were. my tats all have a meaning or story behind them so yes they were worth it.

6. David Warren profile image80
    David Warrenposted 7 years ago

Although they are socially much more acceptable in recent years I would think very carefully about making such a decision. As too are they pointless, there is no definitive answer.  I have one that I got many years ago while overseas in the army. From my perspective it isn't pointless but I have no plans for more.

working