jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What do you think of people who go under the knife to look better?

1. krisingreen profile image61
    krisingreenposted 6 years ago

What do you think of people who go under the knife to look better?

2. Jeannieinabottle profile image90
    Jeannieinabottleposted 6 years ago

I feel like if someone wants to improve their appearance and they have the money to do so, they should go for it.  After all, everyone has the right to do what they want with their body.  If surgery gives a person more confidence, they should do it.  Personally, I would get a nose job if I could afford it.

3. Seeker7 profile image96
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

If they have the money then its up to them what they spend it on I guess. But what I will say is that quite a few older people who have gone under the knife - and no doubt spent thousands for the priveledge - don't look that great afterwards. They don't look attractive, just weird and often have a fake 'doll-like' appearance - quite creepy!

4. breathe2travel profile image79
    breathe2travelposted 6 years ago

I cannot reconcile judging someone solely on one action.

I immediately think of two people I know who have had plastic surgery --
    One was a friend whose face split open, down the center, from a horrible car accident.  The plastic surgeon was amazing.  I was happy for her.

The other -- a 28 year old who had a face lift -- I felt sorry for her, she couldn't see her beauty and was plagued with self-comparison and self-hatred. 

5. profile image0
    vinsanityposted 6 years ago

I think it depends on what they are doing. If they have something about them it truly inhibiting them from being accepted or is making them feel bad about themselves then changing the look may help. I believe too many people are getting stupid surgeries too make them look a little better.

6. mhbape profile image60
    mhbapeposted 6 years ago

I believe that you should try to just work what you got instead of cutting yourself up.