jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Has it become a fashion for plus-sized women to proudly expose their plus-status

1. Juan Meza profile image60
    Juan Mezaposted 6 years ago

Has it become a fashion for plus-sized women to proudly expose their plus-status?

Is it me or has it become a fashion for larger women to wear tight blouses; revealing pot bellies and jelly rolls that range from slightly cute to extremely disturbing? I remember there was a time, about 15 years ago, when women used to try and conceal their bellies beneath tailored or even loose fitting blouses. Now it seems to have become a fad to proudly expose their plus-status or simply let it all hang out.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5388359_f260.jpg

2. SweetiePie profile image84
    SweetiePieposted 6 years ago

Your critique of larger women wearing tight clothing will probably not win many fans.  I mean honestly, is there a larger woman in your life that dresses this way?  If not, then why do you care.  I see just as many overweight men walking around in ill fitting shirts as I do women.  Personally I think we need to promote more healthy eating and exercise, and to stop pointing and making amusement out of the appearance of others.  This is why I always shake my head when people criticize Michelle Obama for trying to get kids active and eating healthy.  Do something positive to help the people in your life, but learn how to get your introvert on when it comes to the appearance of others.  Getting your introvert on is an expression I made up, where I tend to try and not focus on what others are doing or wearing.  You will feel more at peace and happier with yourself if you do.

3. cincin621 profile image59
    cincin621posted 6 years ago

don't even get me started on this one lol. I can't figure out if these clothes are just left overs from when they were thinner or they really believe they look great in them . I don't care how much you weigh you should always strive to look your best and well fitting clothing that accents what you have and not clothing that makes you look like you need the "jaws of life" to get out of them is the only way to go.

4. Loveslove profile image59
    Lovesloveposted 6 years ago

Fat or thin if you wear the correct size of clothing you will look ok..nothing looks worse on anyone ,man,woman,fat or thin,than clothes that are too tight even the thinest person will look bad in clothes that are too tight.....its not just the bigger people that dont appear to look in the mirror before facing the public !!

working