jump to last post 1-26 of 26 discussions (41 posts)

Do you hide your age or tell it proudly?

1. ChristyWrites profile image81
    ChristyWritesposted 5 years ago

Do you hide your age or tell it proudly?

2. emilybee profile image87
    emilybeeposted 5 years ago

I tell it proudly because everyone tells me I look like I'm 18 after I inform them I'm in fact 23. lol I really don't mind, it's a good thing, at least I don't look old, and when I really am old I won't look it :-)

ChristyWritesposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I have also been told I look younger than I am Emily. My mom has the same thing; a good family trait! Thanks for sharing here.

3. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

darn right i tell it with pride. i'm 48, i act like in a kid and i worked hard for every gray hair i have or partied hard depending on ones opinion.

I was told yesterday I have grey hair! Thanks for the comment here and yup be proud!

4. sandonia profile image83
    sandoniaposted 5 years ago

I tend to neither hide nor share my age proudly. To me, it's a simple fact of life. It would be nice to be younger with the wisdom of the years, but it is what it is.

Yes, you accept the number and move on. That is a good approach.

2. teaches12345 profile image93
      teaches12345posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I agree that it would be nice to be younger with the wisdom of the years. My in-laws have a plague on their wall that says, "we're too soon old and too late smart". I often think of that as I grow older.

5. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Neither really. I am at the age where no one dare ask!  60 - ouch!!

Aha but with age does come wisdom and confidence smile

6. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 5 years ago

Right now people asked to guess my age tend to guess about 15 years younger than I am, so I tell it proudly.

Excellent!

7. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image98
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 5 years ago

I have never been one to hide my age, never saw the point in doing so.  I just turned 69 and am just happy to say I made it this far!!

I like the positivity!

8. drsohel profile image75
    drsohelposted 5 years ago

I don't like hiding age. It's telling lie. I tell my original age but there is nothing to proud here.... in my opinion....

9. feenix profile image60
    feenixposted 5 years ago

I am 66 years old and I always reveal my age "quite proudly."

However, I often wonder if I did not still have all of my hair and teeth, and did not look as young for my age as I do, would I be as "proud" to tell every one my real age as I am.

10. ocbill profile image61
    ocbillposted 5 years ago

yeah, no issue with that at all since I am fit.

11. Steven Gray profile image83
    Steven Grayposted 5 years ago

My age is a detail which I don't offer, but will give when asked.  I have never seen the need to broadcast personal details unless asked for them directly.

12. justateacher profile image82
    justateacherposted 5 years ago

As a teacher of students in kindergarten I am asked my age quite often...I first ask how old they think I am...I am amused by the answers...I get you are old..you must be at least twenty...to gosh your old...are you a hundred? I always give my age proudly...its nothing to be ashamed of...

I'm liking those answers hehe! Thanks for sharing here. I love the great responses in the HP community!

13. anam hasib profile image59
    anam hasibposted 5 years ago

i turned 20 on last month's 23rd and find no reason to hide it..smile

You are a youngin' and proud of it smile

14. romanticricky profile image57
    romanticrickyposted 5 years ago

No. I don't hide mine. I'm definitely proud of it. Because I look younger than my age. :p

Well yes that is a good reason!

15. joy4856 profile image56
    joy4856posted 5 years ago

i am 16 so...theres nothing for me ti hide. I have never lied about my age but there were times where i just didnt tell it! lol because u needed to be 17 to watch this movie so i just said "i dont have my id but i can still watch it right?" and he let me! yay

16. connorj profile image76
    connorjposted 5 years ago

I never hide my age and I am proud of all of the mistakes I have been able to learn from. I am 17 for the third time and I will soon be 26 for the 2nd time...

Hehe I like that way of telling your age!

17. landscapeartist profile image76
    landscapeartistposted 5 years ago

I don't necessarily hide my age, but when people find out that I am a grandma, that is when I tell them how old I am. I am always told I don't look my age.  I don't wear makeup 'cept on special occasions.  I do dye my hair, but I don't rush to cover the gray.  I let others see it for a bit before I do.

I was told the other day that I have grey hair, ack!

2. landscapeartist profile image76
      landscapeartistposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I used to tell people that i was 19 until my kids started correcting me. lol. Some thought I was only in my 20's. My 12 yr old tells people that I am 67, or he tells them that I am so old my hair is falling out.  Gotta love the things your kids say.

18. LaThing profile image73
    LaThingposted 5 years ago

I don't tell people my age unless they ask *_*
    I do look younger than my age, I used to get IDed at the clubs up until I was 30....

19. profile image50
    Emerald Taraposted 5 years ago

i am proud to tell my age but if it is someone i dont know i dont tell my real ah=ge until i trust them enough

That is a good point. Trust is important.

20. annaglomesh profile image59
    annaglomeshposted 5 years ago

Tell it proudly. I don't see the point hiding your age, plus you are bound to get found out. I think I look okay for my age so I guess that helps. I'm 47 and people usually tell me I don't look it. I figure it's lucky genes and not having had children...but who knows.

I agree that genes so play a part!

21. jennzie profile image85
    jennzieposted 5 years ago

Like Emily I look younger than I am and I'm also 23, but people usually think that I am 13 to 15!

22. cat on a soapbox profile image96
    cat on a soapboxposted 5 years ago

I'm proud of my age and ageing. I'm 61 but am routinely told that I look 48 (when I keep up with my hair colorweaves:)

23. profile image0
    Debbie Dallasposted 5 years ago

I just let'er rip-- who gives a crap how old u r? Really?!

24. profile image0
    oceansiderposted 5 years ago

Hi Christy,  I definitely don't "tell it proudly", but if someone asks my age, I tell them the truth.....I actually am always taken to be 10 years or so younger than I am....it's just a family trait....but wow, does that make me feel great, that I look that much younger than I am....everyone looks a lot younger than they are in my family.

25. josh3418 profile image82
    josh3418posted 5 years ago

I am 25 right now, so I could care less right now,  Maybe that will change in the future, but I highly doubt it.

26. Sherry Hewins profile image96
    Sherry Hewinsposted 5 years ago

I've never lied about my age. Most of my life I've looked younger than I am. Until I was almost 40 I often got "carded" if buying alcohol. I am 56, nothing to be ashamed of, or proud of. If you live long enough, you get old.

Closed to reply

working